Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

advise please..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
im doing a health and social care diploma at collage, and for this i go one day a week placement. usualy you can choose where you go depending what carreer you want. but for this first placement you have to go to a nursery.
im just a bit anxious as my arms have lots of scars on form s.h, and im scared one of the children will ask me about it. i wouldnt no what to say?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I was ill last month/year and got these scars, like you get a plaster if you break your arm.

Sorry, it's the best I could think of.
    Hi emy1234,

It's really great that you are doing a health and social care diploma, sound's interesting. If you have any anxieties about your scars, how about running them past your tutor or even someone who works at the nursery? That's if you feel comfortable talking to them about this? You can maybe prepare some answers in case the children do ask?

However, children, especially young children, are generally extremely accepting of anything. They do not have the same social ideology that adults have. You may find that they do not notice at all, or if they do ask, they will simply accept whatever answer you give them and move on.

Good luck with your placement. Keep posting :)
    or hide it with long sleeves?