Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

too overweight for the pill...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
pretty upset today, went to the local family planning clinc and was told that i need to lose half a stone is not a stone before they will let me have the pill - although they are taking my implant out next week...

i aparently have a BMI of 32 i weigh somewhere around 12 stone and i'm only a size 12/14...i have serious trouble losing weight due to my medication - sertraline (antidepressants) and pregablin (anti-anxiety meds). my diet is good and i'm not quite as active as i could be but due to my depression and etc. i can't do gyms, but i am gonna try to go to a pilates class and swimming but will this be enough? i have recently gone on the GI diet which i'm doing my best to stick to...

any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    I don't believe you are a BMI of 32, but even though you say you are a 12/14, you are quite short. 12 stone is about right for me, and I'm 6'0 (I'm not judging you, btw, I am currently very slowly trying to get back to that as I'm currently 14 stone, I was 14 and a half 4 weeks ago).

Have they given any other options? If you're on the implant have you tried the injection? What you're trying to lose weight is very good, swimming is good as it doesn't feel as strenuous as it actually is.
  • Options
    i have to go on the combined pill in order to reduce the size of the cysts on my ovaries and such...

so no :(
  • Options
    coil?
  • Options
    they won't fit that because i haven't had kids yet...

:(
  • Options
    i had a coil before id had children
  • Options
    i have looked and there is no reason why i couldn't have the coil - but the mirena (and correct me if i am wrong) but it has progesterone which enlarges the cysts i already have...
  • Options
    yeah if its to shrink your cysts and not so much for contraception, it wouldnt be any good. Youll just have to lose the weight