Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Legal highs to be banned

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    budda wrote: »
    We allow frankly shocking poverty and its just accepted. The values of our society are just plain wrong, basically it boils down to money and fuck everything else - aside from the social problems caused by this we are heading towards total ecological break down and most people just couldn't care less.

A society should be judged by how it treats those at the bottom, and on that measure we are failing miserably.

By that criteria we've never been not broken.
    We had the most fabulously wealthy empire the world ever knew ...and it sat atop of mass poverty and slavery.
    So much for the trickle down theory.
    Every freedom we ever gotb...every hour less we had to work ...we had to fight for ...often violently.
    We have never been given anything from the riches we worked to create and fought to defend ...so whats new ...whats broke?
    Whowhere wrote: »
    You can't be prosecuted for something you have done before a law comes into force.

I wouldn't want to advertise the legal high is what I menat.
    katralla wrote: »
    I wouldn't want to advertise the legal high is what I menat.

I get you now
    We have never been given anything from the riches we worked to create and fought to defend ...so whats new ...whats broke?

Perhaps broken is the wrong term, I just think our values are wrong. When you compare us with the Scandanavian countries we come off very badly.
    budda wrote: »
    Perhaps broken is the wrong term, I just think our values are wrong. When you compare us with the Scandanavian countries we come off very badly.
    It's having the courage me thinks to voice which values you think are are wrong.
    Did you see that David? Lamb program on legal highs on BBC? They showed some really spodded out people who'd taken cocktails of legal high chems, freaked me out.