Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

drinking age in...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
greece?
basically, my college hockey team is going in may (i'll be 18 GET IN) and i wondered what the drinking age cos a few guys and girls won't be 18 yet but we still wanna include them in what we do?
anyone know what it is? google didn't work for me but then i didn't look to hard
Thnx guys, i'll keep looking myself as well
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hmmm i don't think they really care over there do they?

I think it's either 16 or 18, not 100% sure myself though
    i wouldn't know, not been there yet
    my mate says its 17, so that means all the 2nd years are going out :) and some 1st years EPICCC!
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I don't drink myself, but all signs I've seen in stores say "No alcoholic drinks are to be sold to people under 17, unless accompanied by an adult".
    Since adult means over 18, I suppose your younger friends will be fine even if under 17.
    It's usually not that strict anyway (confirm/deny indrid). A lot of minors (including me, back in the days) drink alcohol and I don't think they are really strict in greece. In liquor stores the 18 year olds buy the booze, and that's that.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I can neither confirm or deny, like I said :p
    Not the most reliable of sources... but check wikipedia... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_drinking_age
    x
    drinking age in

What should be the US legal drinking age?

I think it should be 19, because by then you are in College, and you should be responsible enough to make that decision yourself. I disagree with 21, because you go to war at 18, smoke at 18, and can become a legal prositute at 18. Why not be able to drink at that age? I understand they dont want kids drinking in HS, which is why 19 is the best age.
    not really aware of alcohol restrictions particularly in greece since im beyond minor but wiki has this table from all countries that shows the age restrictions and other stuff relevant to that.

for greece it only says that restrictions are only enforced among bars. however it also notes that it is Not strictly enforced, ID not usually required