Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Atheists' kind offer of help to Christians

It's a question that all animal-loving Christian evangelicals must address: who will look after their pets on Earth when the Rapture comes and they are taken up to heaven?

Now a group of atheists in the US have come up with a tongue-in-cheek solution, offering to take in the cats and dogs of "saved" believers in return for a small fee.

All the atheists signed up by Eternal Earth-Bound Pets are self-confessed sinners and blasphemers, guaranteeing they will be left behind when the chosen are selected

The business idea is an irreverent attempt to cash in on the belief – widespread among US Christians – that the pious will be carried up to heaven by God in a sudden swoop, leaving unbelievers to endure the seven-year reign of the anti-Christ on Earth.

According to some polls, as many as 55 per cent of Americans believe in the notion of the Rapture.

"You've committed your life to Jesus. You know you're saved. But when the Rapture comes what's to become of your loving pets who are left behind?" the group's website asks.

"Eternal Earth-Bound Pets takes that burden off your mind."

For $110, the firm promises lifetime care for almost all domestic pets if their owners are transported to heaven within the next ten years.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/religion/6106462/Atheists-offer-to-care-for-Christians-pets-after-the-Rapture.html

There- let there not be said that atheists are unkind or unfriendly to Christians... :D
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well, if it takes away their emotional distress I'm all for it.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    But will the antichrist allow people to have pets?
    But will the antichrist allow people to have pets?

Yeah, I'll let you keep one or two.
    brilliant!
    Teagan wrote: »
    Yeah, I'll let you keep one or two.
    Presumably goats are okay? ;)
    Aladdin wrote: »
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/religion/6106462/Atheists-offer-to-care-for-Christians-pets-after-the-Rapture.html

There- let there not be said that atheists are unkind or unfriendly to Christians... :D

Two groups of seemingly misguided people.
    That is hilarious
    I can't work out whether this is just funny or the exploitation of mentally-stunted people. :confused:
    I can't work out whether this is just funny or the exploitation of mentally-stunted people. :confused:

Bit harsh I'm sure a lot of the atheists roped into the publicity stunt really do care for animals and are not being at all exploited by people off-loading their dead grannies pet cat on them
    Bit harsh I'm sure a lot of the atheists roped into the publicity stunt really do care for animals and are not being at all exploited by people off-loading their dead grannies pet cat on them

:D

Granny wouldn't be dead; she'd have gone to a better place.
    Ah. It doesn't work like that you see... when the Rapture does happen the US will wake up minus hundreds of millions of its citizens and Lucifer will make himself known to those left behind. It is then when the atheists swing into action and rescue the suddenly-abandoned pets.

The scheme is a win-win situation for all concerned methinks :)
    Aladdin wrote: »
    Ah. It doesn't work like that you see... when the Rapture does happen the US will wake up minus hundreds of millions of its citizens and Lucifer will make himself known to those left behind. It is then when the atheists swing into action and rescue the suddenly-abandoned pets.

The scheme is a win-win situation for all concerned methinks :)

Not if they've priced it $110 - vets bills, dog food, kennels they've way underpriced... Seems to me all I have to do to get rid of that unwanted dog my parents left me is to sign up, pay the $110 and then leave a note saying I've been called up by the rapture and let this poor schmuck pay the dog's bill for next fifteen years ;)
    :lol:
    There wouldn't be time to leave a note, obviously. You'd have to ring them on your mobile... "HELLO..? YES... I'M ON THE RAPTURE..."
    Aren't the doomed atheists going to have too much on their plates after the Rapture to be able to spend time looking after other peoples' pets? Famine, floods, earthquakes etc as well as Mr Anti-Christ wanting to torment them, will surely mean that they will have their focus on more important decisions - such as trying to keep alive. I fear that these nasty atheists will just end up eating these prized pets. ;)