Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Cheap broadband with phoneline wanted?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey, i dont currently have phone line or anything, i want a cheap broadband and phone deal, does anyone know any good companys, so far as far as i can see Tiscali and Plusnet seem the best??

I want it cheap, preferably around 15 quid all in per month, doesnt have to be fast, but one of the two mentioned had a 10 gig limit for download, not sure whether i would use that much though?

The connection fees are either 99 pound of 49, but one charged on moving and one didnt, and we will move next march?

Im a bit baffed so if anyone knows of a good cheap deal id appreciate your help... Thanks

:)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    well the big four are bt, talktalk, virgin media and tiscali; which did a survery and none of them got above 60% so you may be better of with a smaller provider. however, you're wanting a short term thing, remember that it'll take about 3 weeks to prepare the line for broadband; personally i have found bt and talktalk to be ok, i can't comment on virgin media or tiscali though. remember with the 10gb cap it is not just file downloads and streams but also the size of each web page you visit that counts towards your usage quota. also, plusnet is actually a subsidiary of bt.