Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Hair colour and my inability to decide!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Okay, I've always dyed my hair blonde, ever since I was 13. I did once dye it really, really dark brown but ended up having that taken out as it made me look REALLY pale!

I've always wanted to go red/strawberry blonde and I am tempted to use a semi permanent colour to see how it would go. I've added pics of the colour of my hair now and the colour I am tempted to use and just wanted peoples thoughts on it...would it be a mistake?! I'm thinking of using semi permanent so it will wash out after 28 washes and hopefully won't be able to see it after that if I don't like it. If I do like it then I'll stick with it. I am just sick of being blonde it's boring :grump:

I am so indecisive (sp?!)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yea i reckon it will look nice, although as you say dont go too dark as you have quite fair skin
    I think it will look really nice. I have quite dark red hair and i have fair skin.

I say go for it :D
    I think it'd look stunning that colour, BUT I'd probably advise against doing it yourself with the temp dye, cause I've dyed temporary on top of blonde before and it went orange. Bad times.

I hate to say it, cause I'm a big, big advocate of diy hair, but I'd probably go to the hairdressers for this one.
    Thanks everyone :)

Olive I think I am going to have to go to the hairdresser's and get it done, I have NEVER ever coloured my own hair and I just know it would go wrong. Going to make an appointment for friday and do it then!

I definatly don't want orange hair.
    It looks like a lovely colour, post pics when you have it done! :)
    Make sure you post pics once it's done.
    Go for it :thumb:
    i think go for it if you really want to, but personally i think your hair would suit you more to stay blonde
    i think go for it if you really want to, but personally i think your hair would suit you more to stay blonde

i think thisss :) personally i dont really love that colour that you were thinking of dying it...but then again i just love blonde hair. and either will probably look lovely on you! im blonde too and i have the same thing where im getting pretty bored of it but i dont like any other colours :| and like you im too fair to go dark. id love to go super bright red but i think it takes about as much upkeep as blonde cos it fades so much!
    Ohh thanks for all your replies! See I am very impulsive thats why I've asked on her other wise I would have dyed it red already, ha!

I'm thinking just a bit more strawberry blonde atm and see how we go from there. I am a lazy arse when it comes to dying my hair and always put it off due to it costing far too much and never getting what I want!
    I think it'll look awesome too :) :thumb: