Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Sensitive toothpaste

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My teeth have been terribly sensitive to cold lately :( My dentist said try sensodyne. I forgot about it until I just had some ice cream now :p How long does it take for those types of toothpaste to work, and are they pretty effective?

Comments

• Options
    I've found as long as I stick to colgate total I do not get sensitive teeth anymore. It's not a special sensitive teeth one, but it tastes so much better than the ones that are. A few days after using it I noticed that I didn't have a problem with my teeth anymore. I guess for some people it could be longer though.
  • Options
    I use the crest pro-health which I am guessing is similar to a colegate total as its for everything you can imagine including sensitivity but apperantly it isn't enough :( Even cold water hurts! Woe is me :p

Over the weekend there was a coupon for this new sensodyne iso-active foaming toothpaste... seems really weird... but I have a coupon :p, any experiences on that one?
  • Options
    my name wrote: »
    I use the crest pro-health which I am guessing is similar to a colegate total as its for everything you can imagine including sensitivity but apperantly it isn't enough :( Even cold water hurts! Woe is me :p

Over the weekend there was a coupon for this new sensodyne iso-active foaming toothpaste... seems really weird... but I have a coupon :p, any experiences on that one?
    I have that one in the whitening. Since I've been staying at Rich's for the last two and a bit weeks (Rach, when you read this, I'm coming home tomorrow!) and he doesn't use it, I have definitely noticed a difference in how sensitive my teeth are - my teeth no like cold :(. If you have a coupon, it can't hurt to try can it ;).
  • Options
    if you use a hard toothbrush or whitentening toothpaste it can make your teeth more sensitive, you can also get sensitive teeth mouth washes