Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Tattoo on hand

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm seriously considering getting a tattoo on my hand like Cheryl Cole has (not to copy her, seeing hers has given me the idea!).

Loads of people have told me not to do it, and afew think I should. I've asked my boss and she said she is OK with it, but then she isn't always going to be my boss is she! I'm hesitant because I know I will be sterotyped and that it might cause problems if I am ever looking for work. My grandma, although trying to put me off, actually made me want it even more as she said that I could always cover it with a plaster! Something I wouldn't have thought of :blush:

Does anyone here have any visible tattoos, or any thoughts? I don't want to rush into it, I want to make sure I've considered everything first.

Comments

• Options
    Having a tattoo where it is normally covered by clothes would be sensible as you usually wear clothes to work. I think it defeats the idea of having a tattoo if you always have to wear a plaster over it to hide it. What happens if you forget the plasters some day or cant find any?
  • Options
    I think it would cause a big hinderence in future work, I decided against a tattoo on my hands/back of neck for the same reason
  • Options
    When you get older, it will look ridiculous, I think, it's not like you're getting it on the small of your back, or your shoulder, places you don't normall show when your wrinkly, it will sag and look awful.
    But at the moment (I'm assuming you're youngish) it would look good I think, although the future employment thing might be a bit difficult.

Gracee
  • Options
    I personally would never have one on my hand, (for me) its just to much of a risk when it comes to employment. Also you've got to think that when your about 40 odd, and you MAY have gone off your tattoo you will always see it, it will always be there when your doing something. Like if you had it on you shoulder and you went off it it CAN be forgetten every now and then because how many times do you look at your shoulder in a day?
  • Options
    Personally i will only get a tattoo of something that means a lot to me or represented something big in my life.

I say wait a while and see if you still want it as much, and if you do go for it!
  • Options
    What about on your wrist? my friend has a tattoo on her wrist and it looks really nice, but can also be covered when needed.
  • Options
    Firstly, do take some time to think about this one as once you have a tattoo, you have it for life.

I have a star tattoo on my left wrist. It isn't too big, it isn't too small, and could be covered up with a watch or bangles etc.

I suggest you getting a tattoo there, where it is less visable?
  • Options
    Yeah wrist may be a good idea. I'd quite like one on my wrist.