Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Hair Colour

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi Guys :wave:

I went to the hair dressers this morning to have my hair coloured. £40 pounds poorer and I have a lovely chocolate brown hair. I decided to ask my hair dresser just as I was leaving how long the colour would last... 4-6 washes!

I am devastated. I know colour does not last long but when you have just spent £40 pounds and you wash your hair every other day it hardly seems worth it plus I cannot afford to spend this.

So I have decided from now on I would rather try hair colouring myself. I have mousy brown hair so only want to keep it a shade darker to give it some shine and colour. I would also rather use semi-permanent as I know these do not have the harsh materials permanent dyes do (I think)

So after my babble above just wondering what brands you guys use and find easy?

I recently saw the Max Factor Makeover break on TV uses Clairols Perfect 10 Nice and Easy and looks really simple to use.

Any help or information would be warmly welcomed.

Thank you :thumb:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    There's so many brands on the market that it's more a personal choice. I base mind on price and colour :yes: Cheap and cheerful works for me. I've used boots own and superdrugs own and they were just as good as Nice n Easy and cheaper. They're all pretty much the same to use but just make sure whatever you use you do a skin test.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Because you only want a semi-perm colour, it will only last 4-6 washes because there is no bleach in there to make the colour stick. If you def just want semi perm, then i would recommend home-dying as it will be cheaper.