Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Foot Operation?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have really wide feet and bunion thingies, and basically I've heard of an operation, where they can kind of shave it off, and I just wanted to know how longish you can't walk and stuff, because I've school and uni to think of.

I spoke to the foot doctor guy at the hospital, and he said just wait. And basically, my feet have gotten so wide that not even Clarks and stuff make them in my size, so I just wear my ancient sneakers which obviously won't be possible forever.

Any information about the operation, or other options or thoughts for it all, especially from someone who's had the operation would be helpful.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    My mum had the bunion operation on both feet (but at different times) and she was off her feet completely for 3 weeks (it's meant to be 6 weeks, but she got restless) she said it hurt quite a bit, and she had to wear a special shoe (like a big platform shoe with lots of velcro) and she had crutches for about 6/7 weeks. The good news is, now she can wear any shoes she likes :)
  • Options
    How long did she have to wear the hospital shoes for? Was it just while she was on crutches?

• Options
    yeh, while she was on crutches, so def for about 6/7 weeks
  • Options
    My mum needs this op but keeps putting it of (silly woman) as it would mean her missing work for 6 weeks (she's a workaholic). She was told about 6 weeks roughly and quite a lot of pain to begin with.