Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hair Loss (kinda)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been noticing im losing great big long strands of hair, quite a few at a time, while washing and brushing my hair, there doesn't seem to be any noticeable bits missing but its begining to worry me a little. Is there anything i can do to counteract this?

Comments

• Options
    I've been noticing im losing great big long strands of hair, quite a few at a time, while washing and brushing my hair, there doesn't seem to be any noticeable bits missing but its begining to worry me a little. Is there anything i can do to counteract this?

When i wash my hair some hair comes out, not alot but still i think its normal, if its in clumbs and u have bald patches then i think you can counter it somehow..

Sorry im not much help i am a guy :P
  • Options
    oh mine does that! have you got thick hair?
  • Options
    When I had this for a while I spoke to my hairdresser and she said your hair goes through cycles of falling out more than other times. Like the others said if loads comes out or causes bald spots then maybe have telephone appointment with your GP or something. You could take a hair skin and nails vitamin thing which you can get from holland and barrett or somewhere like that. Use plenty of conditioner and be careful when brushing your hair as to not pull more out. Your diet could also affect this I guess so maybe have a think about whether you're getting enough of all the important vitamins, minerals etc.
  • Options
    oh mine does that! have you got thick hair?

I do aswell.. could be that.
  • Options
    i do have quite thick hair, but its thinned out a bit since i was younger (which has helped to reduce that attractive "i just stuck my fingers in an electrical socket" look)

Can anyone suggest what im looking for in a supplement?