Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Do you eat healthily when you travel?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Do you eat healthy when you travel? ...sometimes i tend to forget i should, especially cravings are hard to resist :lol:

Comments

• Options
    I try to eat as healthily as I can when I'm travelling, but it's hard. You don't get fruit vending machines, they don't sell fruit at the train buffet bar and if you buy a sandwich they always seem to put both mayo and butter on it.
  • Options
    I tend to eat a lot healthier when I travel mainly because the fruit and veg are much nicer in most parts of europe, plus I find it hard to eat big meals in the heat
  • Options
    It depends where I go. I love Florida but find it really hard to eat healthily at the theme parks, when I see fruit I buy it as I feel really yucky eating so many chips etc all the time. Having said that, I do tend to buy more junk like their massive muffins and pieces of cheesecake cos it's partly what holidays are all about, self-indulgence!

If I'm travelling on a coach/train journey I tend to buy a sandwich and a fruit juice but the pre-packed sandwiches can be terribly unhealthy without you realising it!
  • Options
    Oh my no. Last trip I took I was eating deep fried onion rings, cookies for breakfast and drssret at every meal!

I agree with froot loop (could go for some, by the way :p) vacation is about self-indulgunce and doing/eating all the stuff you don't on a regular basis... and lots of it :D
  • Options
    I tend to eat healthy when I travel but sometimes because of my allergies, at certain places i can't (e.g. airport restaurants)
  • Options
    at some point it is like.. putting yourself in an exile. :hyper: so goodbye buffets. But I can change my mind anytime. :chin:
  • Options
    Yup, I always eat healthy including when I travel. Just try to cook for urself and u should be good to go.
  • Options
    good for you then.. to me honestly just depends on whats readily available
  • Options
    Hi friends, :)

I always try to eat the healthily food during the traveling but sometimes it is not happened for me because I love to eat food. :love: Can any one tell me what type of food should I have to take during traveling?
  • Options
    Last holiday I was on, I was actually really good. Cause it was all inclusive. So tried to avoid sweets and and heavy carbs. Instead ate lots of fruit and veg. It was easier to eat healthier cause it was all made up for you. Just tried my best to not get tempted in eating the crap along with it.
  • Options
    i recall my all inclusive in whitsunday. seafoods, :yippe: