Home Work & Volunteering
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

HELP: GAS plant safety

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi
I'm a chemical eng working in a huge gas plant
I'm facing a lot of trebles with people I supervise all about safety

I'm seeking your help; I need ideas or steps to improve plant safety

If you have website it will also help

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If you're supervising people you should already know this and if you dont then how the hell did you manage to get the job!? :eek2:
    If you want to PM me some more details then I'm happy to try and help out with some more specifics.

I'd usually stick with advice on the boards, but I think in this case out of the public domain is probably a better idea.

As a general guide though, the United States Chemical Safety Board videos on You Tube are interesting viewing and can act as prompts. The Health and Safety Exectutive website has a lot of good information on it.
    Do some research about DSEAR or COMAH on the HSE website.
    icey wrote: »
    If you're supervising people you should already know this and if you dont then how the hell did you manage to get the job!? :eek2:

1- I know my job
    2- good superviser likes to improve himself and others
    3- no one forced you to post a comment, you can keep silent
    4- so many others can comment not neccery you
    budda wrote: »
    Do some research about DSEAR or COMAH on the HSE website.

thank you for shearing your information brother
    If you want to PM me some more details then I'm happy to try and help out with some more specifics.

I'd usually stick with advice on the boards, but I think in this case out of the public domain is probably a better idea.

As a general guide though, the United States Chemical Safety Board videos on You Tube are interesting viewing and can act as prompts. The Health and Safety Exectutive website has a lot of good information on it.

thank you brother we will keep in touch on PM's
    1. I am definitely not your brother, but more than happy to stay in touch ad try and help.

2. Icey asked a very valid question - your post comes across as you knowing very very little which is somewhat concerning for the role you require. I'm hoping that's just how things have come across - but can see where the concern comes from.

Give me a shout on PM and let me have some details and I'll give you some more specific suggestions suited to your site,