Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Think I'm going mental.

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    g_angel wrote: »
    What happened with this?

Nothing much really. I've got the police coming round later, in an unconnected case.... and I'm starting therapy next week I think.
    C-A x
    :chin:
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I think everyone forgets that Crying angel is mentally alot older than 12. In terms of the law and stuff, yeah it's a bit wrong, and morally wrong.
    But tbh, it's mentally wehter your ready for sex or not. And enless Angel, is crying about being abused then i don't think their is cause for concern.

Whether Crying Angel is 'mentally alot older than 12' (which, I don't agree with either, btw) is not the point. She *is* 12 and that is the point. If my daughter was having sex aged 12 I would be going spare too. And the fact that there are legal implications too is a cause for concern.
    I think everyone forgets that Crying angel is mentally alot older than 12. In terms of the law and stuff, yeah it's a bit wrong, and morally wrong.
    But tbh, it's mentally wehter your ready for sex or not. And enless Angel, is crying about being abused then i don't think their is cause for concern.

Doesn't matter for shit. She's still 12. Still a child and the people she associates with are older than 16. WAY out of line, and her mum is right for going mad.
    Thank you Jordan! I've been in hospital and was discharged on the fact that I was mentally able to cope with things... I should of been in there a lot longer.

So what if I'm 12? I don't even know what 12 year old's do tbh... and I don't want to find out cos I'm sure it is shit.
    C-A x
    Thank you Jordan! I've been in hospital and was discharged on the fact that I was mentally able to cope with things... I should of been in there a lot longer.

So what if I'm 12? I don't even know what 12 year old's do tbh... and I don't want to find out cos I'm sure it is shit.
    C-A x

I'll tell you what they SHOULDN'T be doing - that is having sex. End of.
    I know a hell of a lot of people younger than me who have had sex.
    C-A x
    I know a hell of a lot of people younger than me who have had sex.
    C-A x

... and yet you don't see how wrong that is? It is not something they should be proud of.

Only when you are a bit older will you realise this. It's quite sad, really.
    I know I'm living to fast and what ever... but having grown up like it, it's just a way of life.
    I don't think any one is proud of it... it's just fact.
    C-A x
    I know I'm living to fast and what ever... but having grown up like it, it's just a way of life.
    I don't think any one is proud of it... it's just fact.
    C-A x

I know it's fact - and that makes it even sadder.
    Times have changed since you were young.
    C-A x
    Times have changed since you were young.
    C-A x

Wrong.

Things like this have always been going on. What I can tell you, is that of the people that grew up too quickly, almost to a one, they regret it when they're a bit older and they look upon what folly their 'childhood' has been.
    There were people in my school having sex at 11. of course it was seen as cool at the time by their peers, but in actual fact, most of the ones who did it so early, had been exposed to sex by abuse. Its no coincidence, and its not cool.
    There were people in my school having sex at 11. of course it was seen as cool at the time by their peers, but in actual fact, most of the ones who did it so early, had been exposed to sex by abuse. Its no coincidence, and its not cool.

:yes:
    In terms of the law and stuff, yeah [sex at 12 is] a bit wrong, and morally wrong.

A bit wrong?

The maximum penalty for having sex with a child under the age of 13 is LIFE IMPRISONMENT. Men who are older (19 and upwards) will be looking at spending years behind bars for it.

And for those who seem to think that having sex at the age of 12 is the norm, lets not forget that Britain's youngest mum was aged 12 years and 8 months at the date of birth. It isn't the norm.
    Kermit wrote: »
    A bit wrong?

The maximum penalty for having sex with a child under the age of 13 is LIFE IMPRISONMENT. Men who are older (19 and upwards) will be looking at spending years behind bars for it.

And for those who seem to think that having sex at the age of 12 is the norm, lets not forget that Britain's youngest mum was aged 12 years and 8 months at the date of birth. It isn't the norm.

Somebody, aged 21, actually raped me against my will and I was 11. He's not going to prison :(
    C-A x
    i was raped when i was 11.
    No its not the norm. And crying_angel i aint gonna have a go :D

I'm just saying it's not right. And when your older you do regret it. I had my reasons then for doing it and now when i look back i wish i hadn't. My reasons for doing it i don't really want to go into but i can say i have been in similar situations to you.

Times haven't really changed its just talked about more now.
    av's wrote: »
    i was raped when i was 11.

I'm really sorry to here that... Did you get help with it?

And notanotherusername... sorry, I've been a bit aggressive today! Just feeling so crap, and my posts are coming across all to well! So I'd understand if you did have a go at me!
    C-A x

Exactly. I think its disgusting.
    I dont want to have ago at you...yet :p

I just think that just because your not an average 12 year old with the common sence of...well a 12 year old! means that you can do what 'adult' things. there are age limits for a reason. and because now you think you can deal with it doesn't mean you will always be able to. From experiance, people telling you what to do is the most annoying thing ever. But sometimes it is best to listen, take a step back, think about what people are saying and see if deep down you agree. :)
    I dont want to have ago at you...yet :p

I just think that just because your not an average 12 year old with the common sence of...well a 12 year old! means that you can do what 'adult' things. there are age limits for a reason. and because now you think you can deal with it doesn't mean you will always be able to. From experiance, people telling you what to do is the most annoying thing ever. But sometimes it is best to listen, take a step back, think about what people are saying and see if deep down you agree. :)

Oh... I agree, I would love to be able to be young again! But... and this is the thing.... I don't know how to be.
    C-A x
    It's not like you have to be childish or completely change who you are, you just need to leave certains things until you are older. There is no need to rush things. Just because you have already 'grown up too fast' doesn't mean you need to continue doing that.
    Somebody, aged 21, actually raped me against my will and I was 11. He's not going to prison :(
    C-A x

I'm sorry that this happened to you especially when you were so young. Have you spoken to anyone properly about this, i mean a health professional who can talk to you and help you through this? Because you really do need to. Don't let it end up ruling your life and haunting you for the rest of it as it sounds like it already has changed you and your perception. Don't let some sick pervert ruin your life and steal your youth. :no: There is an age limit for sex for a reason, it is because, like it or not, 11/12 years olds are still children. They should be looked after not left to fend for themselves.