Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Calling you ravers (laser related)

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I got back from B2T this morning, held at the Rainbow Warehouse in Digbeth, Birmingham.

Here is a video that shows 2 multicoloured lasers. There were also 2 green ones. Check my channel for the other videos. The thing is, why haven't Godskitchen caught up with this yet? In terms of line-up, God's K is still the no.1 event in England. God's K has excellent lighting and lighting jock but they need some catching up on the laser side of things :-) Sorry if I sound like a bit of a lighting "nut" but I find that the lighting is as important as the music policy to fulfill that clubbing experience.

While we're at it, do any of you ravers know of other events that equal or better what's in the video? I used to consider lighting by the venue, but it has become apparent that lasers are often organised by the event/promoter rather than the venue itself.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ah i love the Rainbow :) .. not my kind of night though, too fast for me :p

I've never really had a problem with the lasers in Gods, i think they do the job and the lighting and what not in there are pretty good but i agree, compared to other venues and nights ive been to they dont go crazy with the lasers .. more crazy with the smoke!

Best night for the lasers ive seen was at the Opera House in Bournemouth when Eddie Halliwell was playing, crazy lasers going off there.
    Gatecrasher used to have good lasers before it burned down!

Turnmills and the Cross were also good... that's where the two pics in my avatar are from.

Sorry not much help since they've all disappeared now!
    Thanks Mr Fella and Mr Woooah. I knew that you two would answer :-) We do need more proper clubbers on this forum! I heard that The Sanctuary in Digbeth (near to Air and Rainbow) is going to reopen this Autumn. I hope that it stays as a dance venue.
    Theres a new Trance night starting down in Brum in September actually, cant for the life of me remember what its called but i'll have a dig about in my emails for it. Might be up your street Mr Rat :)
    Sorry I'm not much use either. Off the top of my head there's also a little night in Derby (I see that's about equidistant from Stafford?) called Amplified, not sure how busy its gets or if the lasers are up to your standards!

Matt Hardwick @ Amplified - The Royal - Derby - 12th December

Amplified: Jon O'bir plays Guiseppe Ottaviani-No More Alone
    The night in brum is called Trance:NRG at the Sugar Suite on Broad Street :)
    Thanks again both of ya! Amplified looks mint :-)
    GoodFella wrote: »

Best night for the lasers ive seen was at the Opera House in Bournemouth when Eddie Halliwell was playing, crazy lasers going off there.

Bournemouth's Opera House always has good nights with awesome lasers. Never been to a Gods Kitchen event.....but Slammin' Vinyl usually go to town... the lasers in the Hardcore room at Tranz-Mission in London's Alexandra Palace were INSANE. Only problem is that the strobes get way too powerful at the end. They spent rediculous amounts of money on lighting at that rave.

Multicoloured lasers IN.
    Strobe lights OUT OUT OUT!!
    Yeah strobes give me a headache... especially with pupils permanently the size of pennies.
    GoodFella wrote: »
    Theres a new Trance night starting down in Brum in September actually, cant for the life of me remember what its called but i'll have a dig about in my emails for it. Might be up your street Mr Rat :)

Ignore that. One of my mates went to the opening night .. it was utter shite.
    Oki dude. Thanks for the heads up :thumb: