Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

World's Largest anti-paedophile Database - upto £64 to register

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
fail to register and have your background checked then you face a fine of up to £5,000 and a criminal record.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/lawandorder/6169054/Parents-who-ferry-children-must-have-anti-paedophile-checks.html

over 11 million people set to need to register??

Even Dinner Ladies would have to register? This country just gets worse and worse.

nice potential money earner if they make is so everyone has to pay the £64 every year

£723,200,000

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What really worries me, is that it's not actually going to help protect children in anyway and has the potential to put children at greater risk.

There's a tendancy at the moment with CRB forms, for the attitude to be 'as long as you've got a CRB form you must be ok'. Which is definitely not the case. The only thing vetting does is say you haven't been caught yet.

The best way to protect children is best practise, and encouraging healthy relationships between children and a broad range of adults.

Tell me which is safer, singe adult who's been vetted alone in a tucked away room with a single child, or a shock horror not vetted adult playing with 20 kids in the middle of the park?
    This database might just save one or two kids a year from harm but at what cost?

I can see many parents saying no to lift sharing schemes, and other things they regularly volunteer to do.

The UK government loves collecting information on people and time and time again has demonstrated it doesn't even know how to keep this data safe.

Some might say the time will come when they want to implant every new born with a chip and GPS to track them and tattoo a bar code on the back of their necks.

Orwell's book comes truer everyday in the UK

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nineteen_Eighty-Four
    What a load of bollocks. Parents and other family members are far more likely to be abusers than anyone in an official role. Are we going to check every pregnant woman and her partner, and take the baby away from them if either of them fails?
    whats wrong with CRB forms, are they not working? how will the database be any different to that, as in, what are they going to check? i know it says they will be 'assessing peoples backgrounds' but what kind of stuff can they check thats more than their criminal record?
    dya reckon this thread could be merged with the other one mods? :) considering its a double post.
    n/m - I've moved it to the other double-post.
    Hi all!

I just visit this forum. Happy to get acquainted with you. Thanks.
    trang101 wrote: »
    Hi all!

I just visit this forum. Happy to get acquainted with you. Thanks.

Hiya :-) You might want to introduce yourself in the very top forum in the list "introduce yourself".