Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Passport photos and head tilt

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Due to a very complex eye/brain problem I have, I am unable to hold my head straight. Well, I can hold my head straight, but can't see that well.

Today I had to have some passport photo done for some ID and the photographer pointed out my head tilt and asked if I minded having the photo taken again. I explained that it's a problem I have which I can't control and she said not to worry about it.

Sooner or later, I'm going to need a passport for ID - not all places accept NUS cards.

What would happen in regards to the problems I have and passports?

Comments

• Options
    Can you hold it straight if somebody directs you where to put it? I.e. left a bit, right a bit, etc?
  • Options
    No I can't.
  • Options
    I guess i would get it touch with:
    http://www.ips.gov.uk/cps/rde/xchg/ips_live/hs.xsl/index.htm

and ask em :)
  • Options
    Didn't think of that, thanks Ska Kitty.
  • Options
    np, it's like the silly driving licence ppl, they are so 'anal' about stuff, it's best to ask them, cuz they can tell you what they will accept.
  • Options
    hold it straight whilst not seeing very well for the duration of the shoot?
  • Options
    You don't need to be able to see to have your photo taken, just not smile and have your head straight.

If you're going to struggle on your own then take someone along to help and hold the back of your head straight like people do with small children. Arm up the behind the neck and onto the back of head so it doesn't show in the picture.

Or taken from above with you lying on the floor with head on white sheets of paper.