Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

using weed in chocolate

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi, I haven't ever taken drugs of any kind, however I feel like maybe I would like to give it a go, I really couldn't smoke, the thought of doing that makes me feel ill and its not something I would be prepared to try so I have been looking at alternatives.

I am aware the effects of eating rather than smoking are more likely to be longer lasting and it takes approx an hour or so for the effects to become apparent therefore the quantity and personal experiences re this issue would be most welcome.

I have seen on another forum that its possible to grind up 3.5 grams of weed in a coffee grinder and add this to 150 grams of melted chocolate over a bain marie and then cool it into chunks using an ice cube tray. I thought I would ask for peoples experiences as mostly you guys are clued up and give good advice so, does anyone have any experience of putting weed in chocolate and if so how did it turn out. Will the temperature of the melting chocolate and the fat content be enough to release the THC effectively. Will the chocolate be likely to set well under these conditons?

Comments

• SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    3.5 g of weed would get several people high.
    Eating cannabis means it's very hard to guage the right dose and so people that often do eat it find they eat too much. The effects are a little different than smoking it aswell and as you say they'll last longer.

You don't need to 'release' the THC (your body will do that) or make any particualr fancy dish. Just scoff it.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If it's resin you can just eat it but if it's weed it is best to release the goodies by slowy heating in butter and water or butter and oil or soak it for a few days in vodka ...thats the simplest way.
    Three and a half grams will have you in serious difficulties.
    If you take a gram and powder it into a triple vodka ...put in a screw top bottle and shake as hard as you can ...longer the better ...then leave for 48 hrs or longer ...then pour through coffee filter then ...sip your now green vodka ...neat or mixed with anything that takes your fancy ...sip it don't glug it.
    Sip it over the course of an hour and watch loads of lights come on inside your head that you never saw before ...doors open that you din't know existed inside of you.
    Take it easy ...cannabis is as near harmless as you can get in a mind altering substance but ...it is a very powerful drug none the less.
    If you over do it you may find yourself in a very uncomfortable place.
    A little at a time and enjoy.
    Thanks guys, I would be using weed not resin. I wasn't planning on eating the whole lot all at once its just that specific recipe called for 3.5 grams to a 150 gram bar of chocolate so I was planning on just eating a square or two, however the vodka idea sounds a little better.

Thanks for your help, at least I know that you guys have given sensible and realistic advice and of course I will be careful to try not to over do it.
    im interested about how you go about making it too :chin:

ive only ever had brownies/cookies but ive never been the one to make them so to be honest, dont have a clue!

I know you wouldnt actually want to do this, but is it possible to just eat the weed as is? on its own? and would it take just as long to take effect as it would as if you were to put it in, say, cookies?
    Probably be quite mank id imagine :yuck:
    soraliah wrote: »
    im interested about how you go about making it too :chin:

ive only ever had brownies/cookies but ive never been the one to make them so to be honest, dont have a clue!

I know you wouldnt actually want to do this, but is it possible to just eat the weed as is? on its own? and would it take just as long to take effect as it would as if you were to put it in, say, cookies?
    Probably be quite mank id imagine :yuck:

If you chew resin it tastes like soil at best.
    If swallow enough for a joint in one little lump it can easily pass through your system without breaking up much.
    In cakes is best.
    For grass ...the vodka thing is the simplest and is a good way of getting it into your system fairly quickly.
    Bake a cake ...warm up some hash ...sprinkle into cake mix bung in oven ...that simple.
    Id love to try weed in chocolate, that just sounds like the perfect thing ever!

thats what i thought untill i read about the vodka
    Theres actually a name for cannabis vodka but it escapes me right now.
    If you can ...bung 1/4 ounce of bud in a full bottle of vodka and leave in a dark cupboard for three months ...delightful stuff but ...my quick one is good too.
    Thanks for the great advice rolly, my bloke who knows a bit more about this than I do says that I may find a whole gram a bit too much and to start off with lower amounts and see how things go.

He is a little worried about me so I thought I would ask do you think using a lower amount in a bit less vodka would be as nice? I don't want to get in a state where I feel I am in over my head for my first experience.
    Another 6th form story! We had a common room with a small kitchen, and my mate did toast with jam, and sprinkled on about 1g of skunk on each slice...yummy! although we did have to go to class afterwards, an 'interesting' experience!
    Thanks for the great advice rolly, my bloke who knows a bit more about this than I do says that I may find a whole gram a bit too much and to start off with lower amounts and see how things go.

He is a little worried about me so I thought I would ask do you think using a lower amount in a bit less vodka would be as nice? I don't want to get in a state where I feel I am in over my head for my first experience.

Indeedy your good man is right.
    What was I thinking when I said a gram ...did I say a gram?
    Put enough for two spliffs in it ....and sip very slowly cos on your fist time you wouldn't have anything like two spliffs in one gulp.
    If you put that ammount in say ...three doubles and shake it all about ...you can sip your way through one ...and see how it goes.:thumb:
    I'm somewhat surprised no one has mentioned it before but eating cannabis on your first time really isnt a wise idea, even small doses if you are unused to it can be unpleasant.

When you say you 'really couldn't smoke' what exactly is stopping you? It would be the better way to try it, if that is what you are going to do.
    I understand that smoking would be preferable, however since I was a very young child I have had an aversion to smoking and smoke. Its probably irrational to feel this way, however I am certain that I would feel sick and quite possibly be sick if I tried it, not because of any adverse reaction to the weed purely because I am convinced that smoking would do that to me.

My bloke is against the idea of me having vodka as he feels that mixing alcohol into the situation wouldn't help much. He wants to find the best way possible of monitoring the amount so any ideas would be welcome. I was planning to be at home alone with my man in case of any adverse affects anyway should I get overwhelmed or feel ill and hoped this would at least help me a little should I not enjoy the experience.
    Heyy,

Okay well, at least your being responsible about this and thinking of the out comes.

Your boyfriend is right, you shouldn't mix drugs (including alcohol and nicotine) as it can have more negative effects, and death is more likely when using class A drugs. It wouldn't matter as much with cannabis, but it could still be more dangerous. So, be cautious if you do chose to mix drugs. I wouldn't recommend it.
    C-A x
    Eating it drinking it is far healthier and a small amount of vodka will actually help you feel relaxed but saying that ...lets all be safe and sensible here is what it's all about but I feel theres a lot of unecessary negative stuff ...not being added but being piled on top of.
    It's a bit of dope that will blow your head off.
    Your not gonna die.
    Information overload is going to be your problem I reckon.
    Especially having taken this much care out of something that could have and should have ...happened in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere.
    Your guy sounds like a rock.
    It's not some new and untested medine your taking.
    double post
    Your boyfriend is right, you shouldn't mix drugs (including alcohol and nicotine) as it can have more negative effects, and death is more likely when using class A drugs. It wouldn't matter as much with cannabis, but it could still be more dangerous. So, be cautious if you do chose to mix drugs. I wouldn't recommend it.
    C-A x

The only real risk from mixing alcohol and nicotine is an increased risk of cancer in the mouth and throat, but even that is a relatively small statistical increase.
    budda wrote: »
    The only real risk from mixing alcohol and nicotine is an increased risk of cancer in the mouth and throat, but even that is a relatively small statistical increase.

I know, but there is always a risk... I think people should know these things just in case you know? :-)
    C-A x
    Id love to try weed in chocolate, that just sounds like the perfect thing ever!

:yes:
    Thanks for the advice guys, especially rolly. I don't know how you mean't the comment that my guy was a rock. He has admitted being specifically concerned because its something he gets a lot of pleasure from but his last serious partner tried a tiny amount, threw up and passed out. I have assured him even if that happens that I will have been in bigger tangles because of alcohol.

I really think it will be very pleasurable and now that I know a bit more about it im not going to overdose on info just get on with it one weekend and have some fun.
    Thanks for the advice guys, especially rolly. I don't know how you mean't the comment that my guy was a rock. He has admitted being specifically concerned because its something he gets a lot of pleasure from but his last serious partner tried a tiny amount, threw up and passed out. I have assured him even if that happens that I will have been in bigger tangles because of alcohol.

I really think it will be very pleasurable and now that I know a bit more about it im not going to overdose on info just get on with it one weekend and have some fun.

I meant your guy sounds solid ...sensible and will be there for you.
    You both sound like intelligent people to me but I have been know to get it wrong ...;)