Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

allergic reaction on my face :(

on the left side of face, i have a really sore, red lumpy rash.

i think its because i used some cream the other day i got prescribed from my doctor last year when i had a few bad spots. its called benzoyl peroxide.

its quite a big rash and its really sore, really red and really lumpy. the skin feels really tight too.

im applying lots of e45. is there anything else i can do?

im scared that ive burnt my skin and it will scar.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Benzyl peroxide can be pretty viscous stuff, particularly if you had the prescription strength kind, so it may just have generally upset your skin. In which case the E45 should help.

If it's hot and itchy then it may well be an allergic reaction in which case the help you'll get from E45 will be limited, and you'll get further with some kind of bite and sting cream/antihistamine or Hc45.

That said, stick with products you know you're ok with, you don't want to be adding to the problem.

For a reaction on my face I'd not had before I'd get medical advice, be it walk in centre, practise nurse, gp or pharmacist.
    yeah, its the prescription kind :(

i am applying the e45 every 30 mins or so and have taken one of my hayfever tablets but not much is happening really. its gone down VERY slightly but not by much. will just have to keep at it :(

eurgh. i look silly.
    Last time I had a reaction to something (it was quite old) I used a cream called Antisan and you get it over the counter.
    The only thing E45 will do is a bit of gentle soothing. You'd be as well off patting with a wet tea towel or putting ice on it.

If it's not going down, a) get medical advice and b) try something to treat the reaction, so hayfever tablet was a good idea, keep going with that, and try some kind of bite and sting/antisan cream.
    aquious cream. magic stuff for hydrating
    stop using it.
    try to seek help from a doctor to give you the right prescription.
    Our face skin is very sensitive.. don't just use anything on your face. :thumb:
    Another vote for either see your doctor or pop into a pharmacy and see what they suggest. In the past i've used calamine lotion on rashes but you might want to check that one out for allergic reaction type things. I use it on bites and rashes.