Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Re-applying for EMA

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey everyone, i start college on monday and i was told that you didnt have to re-apply for it if all of your details were the same, but now i got told that you still have to re-apply even if your details are the same.

Can someone shred some light on this? and also if i do, where can i get a form from?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I haven't got a clue, you could either ask at college (they will know) or look on the EMA website. College can probably give you a quicker answer, just pop into the welfare office.
    Ema

Hiya, after having spoken to an EMA rep about this they have this answer, you will need to reapply and so you are best to do so asap. However, as it will not come through for a couple of weeks, they will back track the money that you would have earnt however there is a cut off point for this so reapply quickly!
    Just apply for a form online, thats what i did :)
    Yeah you do have to re apply even if you details are the same for some reason. I don't know where you would get a form though, but i think you can do it online.
    hmm im still confused :( i did read someone that you dont have to re-fill a form if your details are the same and stuff, i think you only need to bring a learner agreement contract thing in...which i never recieved so im getting one sent to me. And some people at college are doing the same when their details havnt changed.

Sorry for the late reply! and thanks river for going to the trouble of talking to a rep for me :)!