Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Before you take drugs..

Drugs can ruin lives, not everyones but just look
what some poepl put themselves through.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJIjWlLa8MU
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    good stuff

why not go into the food forum and fire up a few pics of obese people .. or go find a few threads about cars and post up people mangled in car wrecks :rolleyes:
  • Options
    The why not is because I wasn't browsing youtube for
    those purposes.

The video doesn't mean anything nor aimed at anyone
    it's just something I thought interesting.
  • Options
    Meth is only really used in high dosages in the USA and the East Asia.
  • Options
    Lucid-Life wrote: »

Nice video on drug abuse people before and after. Thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    JavaKrypt wrote: »
    Meth is only really used in high dosages in the USA and the East Asia.

absolute shite
    there's quite a big meth problem down here in melbourne, australia at the moment
  • Options
    Lucid-Life wrote: »

Many pictures of this nature have been used many times for different drugs, you'll forgive me for not trusting it.

And anyway it isnt individual drugs which cause a problem it is how people use them, and the only way to have any vague control over that is legal supply.
  • Options
    absolute shite
    there's quite a big meth problem down here in melbourne, australia at the moment

From what I've seen, Meth is a big problem all over Australia. I'm guessing because MDMA, pills and coke is so expensive.
  • Options
    absolute shite
    So how is what I said still shite?
  • Options
    JavaKrypt wrote: »
    So how is what I said still shite?

i assume because you implied it is only used largely in america and east asia.

its just not a crystal clear statement, imo
  • Options
    Posting that vid in this forum is like walking into a feminist convention with a sign saying "make me a sandwich, bitch."
  • Options
    budda wrote: »
    and the only way to have any vague control over that is legal supply.
    So there could be more drug addicts/abuse..?
  • Options
    Anahrkas wrote: »

???

And how do you suppose that would happen, exactly?
  • Options

What proof do you have behind that statement?
  • Options
    g_angel wrote: »
    ???

And how do you suppose that would happen, exactly?
    Teagan wrote: »
    What proof do you have behind that statement?

You're kidding, right..? Isn't it obvious..? The more easy is to people get drugs the more people will get it.. Is there any need of any proof..? If it wasn't that obvious in lot of country's the drugs would be legal.. [not counting with coffee, tobacco and alcohol witch are already legal].
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    You're kidding, right..? Isn't it obvious..? The more easy is to people get drugs the more people will get it.. Is there any need of any proof..?

You really think it's that simple?

Drugs are easy to get hold of anyway. If you want to do drugs you can get them.
    Unfortunately because they're illegal the drug market is a black market meaning those drugs are likely to be of poor quality, often having dangerous adulterants, and you're quite likely be funding organised crime.

Also addicts and those in trouble with drugs don't often get the help they need because they are treated as criminals rather than people with a medical problem.

All of this is especially true of herion.
    If it wasn't that obvious in lot of country's the drugs would be legal.. [not counting with coffee, tobacco and alcohol witch are already legal].

The old it's illegal so it must be bad eh?

Try thinking for yourself.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    f
    u
    c
    k
    i
    n
    g
    h
    e
    l
    l
    '''
    and people tell me things have moved on.
    Things haven't ...same old propaganda
    same old ignoranaces.
  • Options
    good video
    you could just direct people to watching "requiem for a dream" instead...
  • Options
    You're kidding, right..? Isn't it obvious..? The more easy is to people get drugs the more people will get it.. Is there any need of any proof..? If it wasn't that obvious in lot of country's the drugs would be legal.. [not counting with coffee, tobacco and alcohol witch are already legal].

In all the countries which have relaxed their drug laws ...drug use amongst young people has fallen ...dramaticly ...go check before you spout.
  • Options
    good video
    you could just direct people to watching "requiem for a dream" instead...
    Oh what a realistic portayal of drug use. I watched that film expecting a profound experience, and got a load of stereotypical bullshit.
  • Options
    Mexico: Decriminalization of the possession of small amounts of illegal drugs

Mexico decriminalized the possession of small amounts of cannabis, cocaine and
    heroin on 21 August - a move that prosecutors say makes sense even in the midst of
    the government's grueling battle against drug traffickers. Prosecutors said the new
    law sets clear limits that keep Mexico's police from going after casual users and
    offers them more time to concentrate on drug trafficking.

"This is not legalization, this is regulating the issue and giving citizens greater legal
    certainty," said Bernardo Espino del Castillo of the attorney general's office. The new
    law sets out maximum "personal use" amounts for drugs, also including LSD and
    methamphetamine. People detained with those quantities no longer face criminal
    prosecution. The maximum amount of cannabis for "personal use" under the new law
    is 5 grams.
  • Options
    Argentina: Supreme Court against prison sentence for possession of cannabis

The Supreme Court ruled out prison for cannabis possession on 25 August, saying the
    government should go after major traffickers and provide treatment instead of jail for
    consumers of cannabis. Ruling in a case involving several young men caught with
    cannabis cigarettes in their pockets, the judges struck down a law providing for up to
    two years in prison for possession of small amounts of narcotics.

This decision does not legalize drug possession outright. But Argentina's Cabinet
    chief favours keeping drug addicts out of the justice system, and was waiting for the
    ruling before forwarding a proposed law to Congress. The seven judges said they
    were unanimous in "declaring the unconstitutionality of prison for private
    consumption." "Each individual adult is responsible for making decisions freely about
    their desired lifestyle without state interference," their ruling said. "Private conduct is
    allowed unless it constitutes a real danger or causes damage to property or the rights
    of others."