Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Losing weight

124»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Franki wrote: »
    Notanotherusername - do you know what 400 calories a day actually is?

YES. i do, as i said i'm not going to go down to it. nuff said tbh.

I ate more today, so..well yeah.
    To put things into perspective, im eating around 3000 calories a day and im still losing about 1/2 lbs a week at the minute.

Fair enough I do a lot of physical exercise, but the muscle im gaining weighs more than fat, so considering im still losing weight. It does show and prove that you dont have to eat tiny amounts to lose weight.
    grace wrote: »
    I think that is fine, but fruit is quite calorific, maybe you should have a vegetable instead, like a carrot or some salad? Also the weight you want is fine, it is what i am for the height.
    Good luck with it!
    x

yeah fruit does have quite a few calories, but I don't think its a lot is it? I could do carrots :)
    I think that is fine, but fruit is quite calorific, maybe you should have a vegetable instead, like a carrot or some salad? Also the weight you want is fine, it is what i am for the height.
    Good luck with it!
    x

???????????????????????????
    Fruit isn't that calorific at all and is a good source of vitamins, which if you're not eating a lot would probably be beneficial for you as i'd imagine you're lacking quite a few needed vitamins. I'd include fruit and vegetables in your daily eating regime.
    fruit isn't particularly calorific, but is quite high in sugars, but you do need sugars, and better to get them from fruit that some processed junk
    Maybe not helpful advice :)
    Both fruit and Veg then lol.

i had lunch today! which tbh i have mixed feelings about but still, i ate.
    Both fruit and Veg then lol.

i had lunch today! which tbh i have mixed feelings about but still, i ate.

Unless you're planning to starve to death there's no reason why you should feel bad about eating.
    I've actually agreed with a lot of the stuff you've said but I know I have a problem with food. Maybe you could try yoga or some kind of exercise you haven't tried before. It would help you lose weight and after the first few times you'd be a lot better at it, so you could still feel a sense of control and achievement.
    Eating lunch will help you lose weight, because your body won't store the food thinking you're going to starve to death. It will also give you more energy, I know from experience that when you're hungry it's to tempting to only do what's essential, which means cutting down on exercise.
    fruit is quite calorific, maybe you should have a vegetable instead, like a carrot or some salad?

oh for god's sake. if this is directed at the OP, who seems to be struggling to eat anything at all, then it is very damaging to discourage her from having something she might think is 'safe'.

this thread is vile, it is triggering (even after editing) and i wish i had never opened it.
    omg hi wrote: »
    this thread is vile, it is triggering (even after editing) and i wish i had never opened it.

well sorry for having a problem
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hey,
    I'm pretty sure omg_hi doesn't have an issue with this thread overall as it's only fair you should get some pointers about your diet if you're struggling with food.

However, what is not cool in any way shape or form is people condoning any kind of negative thought patterns relating to food - e.g. "don't eat fruit because it's calorific." As g_angel has said, it's not about the calories it's about not eating junk. If you eat a balanced diet then there's no reason why you can't feel much healthier and better about your overall appearance.

Also remember that food has a massive impact on your mood - if you're not eating a balanced diet then your mind will suffer.

Take care. x
    well sorry for having a problem

i'm trying to help you, by protecting you from other people's unhelpful comments.
    sorry, but i didn't get that impression :) but now i do :D

yeah i reeeaallyy wish who ever it was didn't start on the whole fruit is bad thing :/
    Well all you have to do now is get the mantra into your head that fruit is good. It's healthy, gives you added vitamins and is bloody good for you. And listen i'm never wrong :D
    sorry, but i didn't get that impression :) but now i do :D

yeah i reeeaallyy wish who ever it was didn't start on the whole fruit is bad thing :/

it's not you that's upset me, don't worry :) i just don't think people can ever understand how damaging their comments can be; if someone with eating problems wants to eat anything, no one should ever advise them not to. and this isn't the place to give people tips.
    omg hi wrote: »
    it's not you that's upset me, don't worry :) i just don't think people can ever understand how damaging their comments can be; if someone with eating problems wants to eat anything, no one should ever advise them not to. and this isn't the place to give people tips.

I was just flicking through and found your page.
    Listen, my little sister did exactly the same thing as you have been describing, and guess what? It turned into anorexia.
    She still doesn't believe she had a problem with it even after a year in counciling and also going to a medical centre supporting people with eating disorders. One meal a day doesn't work. You need 3 meals a day and not just snacks. Just choose a healthy option and eat small portions. That's all I can say.
    Please don't let this get out of hand. I nearly lost my sister with this. It's a serious problem.
    And I'm sure you look pretty good as you are. x Andy
    I've lost about two stone in the last few months, just from cutting out things like crisps, potatoes, chips and white bread, and drinking about two litres of water a day. Never had to give up chocolate :D Water really does make such a difference :thumb:

The last stone won't budge so I think excercise is order for that :grump: