Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

eBay international shipping

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Has anyone ever shipped an item abroad after selling on eBay? I'd normally avoid it, but is it as big a hassle as I imagine? Are there more risks etc?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I have and I was very pissed off about it too. Anyway, it wasn't any hassle, exactly the same as posting anything else just more expensive. It got there anyway, I think it was Denmark it went to. However, there is always the risk that it could go missing so it's one of those risks you either take or don't.
    I shipped a couple of heavier items to the USA which was somewhat tedious but they arrived safely.
    I refuse to ship abroad and its stated so on my biddings, yet it still doesnt bloody stop idiots from bidding on them, had one idiot bid on an item, hes in france, i refused to ship as I stated i didnt ship there and he had ago at me, telling me he was gonna go to ebay lmao.
    Tr4shed wrote: »
    I ship abroad, i use a website to deliever my parcels and i get bulk discount. So i post worldwide, all come with online tracking and proof of postage, aswell as requiring signature. Failing that, it's not my fault if your parcel goes missing. Your loss, move to the UK instead.

It's no hassle at all, they even pick up the parcel from my house :P Normall £2-3 per KG.

Just state in your Auction, about various postages and it's not your fault if things dissapear.
    I am pretty sure under the Distance selling regulations your liable/responsable for the item to arrive with the buyer.
    Okay so I've listed an item to ship to the UK only. Got a message asking about shipping to Greece. But I already have a bid on the item, so cannot change the shipping options. Can I arrange for the Greek to pay additional costs by paypal, or will that be seen unfavourably by ebay (and leave me open to pissing about)?
    it could cause problems if a dispute should arise, I would personally leave it well clear but theoreticly i dont see why not.
    Okay so I've listed an item to ship to the UK only. Got a message asking about shipping to Greece. But I already have a bid on the item, so cannot change the shipping options. Can I arrange for the Greek to pay additional costs by paypal, or will that be seen unfavourably by ebay (and leave me open to pissing about)?

When I had to ship to Denmark I didn't realise the bidder was from there they never messaged me to check whether it would be alright or anything hence why I was pretty pissed off. However, I charged them extra through paypal for the additional postage cost. If you send them a message and say it will be an extra X amount, just add it to their invoice if they win. It's not a problem.
    Cheers for the advice. I'm just a little dubious about trusting people on eBay after the last guy who messed me around.
    Tr4shed wrote: »
    I ship abroad, i use a website to deliever my parcels and i get bulk discount. So i post worldwide, all come with online tracking and proof of postage, aswell as requiring signature. Failing that, it's not my fault if your parcel goes missing. Your loss, move to the UK instead.

It's no hassle at all, they even pick up the parcel from my house :P Normall £2-3 per KG.

Just state in your Auction, about various postages and it's not your fault if things dissapear.

Tr4shed, now JordanScene? I didn't know that you can change user names on the same. Then again, I remember "DG" as Diamond Geezer.

As for shipping, I have never shipped abroad but I have bought 50+ items from USA via eBay and I have never had a single item lost in the post. 1 item took 4 months to arrive, but nothing actually lost.