Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Should I add him?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been with my boyfriend for almost 4 years and I love him from the bottom of my heart. But recently I've been bumping into this guy who I went to primary school with (I'm now 21). When we were at primary school we had an on/off 'relationship' thing even though it obviously wasnt a proper relationship aged 8. He was one of the 'bad boys' but really sweet. I've seen him a few times over the years and he's always stood up for me if people start on me. Anyway, like I said I've been bumping into him a lot recently and I kind of get the feeling I'm getting a crush on him. I get really excited about the fact I saw him or he said hi to me. He's just found and added me on facebook and I dont know if I should add him or not because I've always been a bit of a flirt, but I dont want to risk my relationship. How do I know if I can trust myself to just talk to him like a friend? Should I refuse his friends request and try not to talk to him or see him? Advice please. :confused:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well its up to you to keep it friendly, I'm sure you will know when the conversation is maybe going further than just friends, so tbh it's up to you to stop that happening and keep it as friends.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's facebook, you're not going on a date with the guy.

Does your boyfriend know you're a bit of a flirt? If he does and nothing actually happens then you'll be fine. I am pretty flirty naturally with people as well, and I recently made good friends with a guy over world of warcraft and my boyfriend got a bit jealous of the way we spoke until he realised that that's just how I behave, that it meant nothing and I was with him for a reason.

The other thing is: is it really a crush or is it just nostalgia? You say he always stands up for you etc, but your crush could very well be just appreciation. Idk.