Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

very worried

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi am new to this and i found the site but i dont actually know how ha. but anyway

i am very worried about my friend because on computers you can make videos like memory videos of loved ones that have died and stuff. Well i found one today on youtube and it was a memory one for my friend saying she was dead. but when i looked at some of the pics i noticed that only she has them because they are not online so i dont know how this person has it. and when i rang her to tell her she sed it must be someone who knows she likes the song that was playing. Me and my friend are really close and i didnt know she liked that song and she normally tells me the songs she likes. Anyway when i asked her if she has shown her mum she sed it wont play the user has taken it off..but when i went on first i noticed the last time the person was loged on was 9 months ago and i find it strange that now when i have mentioned it that the video has gone.

do you think i should confront her about this or leave it alone. i want to support her but i dont know what to do for the best.

thank you for listening

Comments

• Soph001Soph001 Posts: 105 The Mix Convert
    Hi magicalfairy (and welcome!) :wave:

I think I need to get this a bit clearer in my head...So you think your friend has made a video in memory of herself, pretending she is dead, and put it up on youtube more than nine months ago? And now, because you've found it, she has removed it from the site?

It sounds like your friend feels she needs a little more attention, but I am not sure that there's anything terrible here to worry about. In what ways do you think she needs your support? We have some advice on Friends in Need on TheSite.org which might help if she has any specific worries.

Feel free to post again and tell us some more details. Everyone's keen to help here and you'll be welcomed. And there's one more thing: do you think this thread would be best moved to our 'Relationships' boards, instead of 'Health and Wellbeing'? (Relationships doesn't have to mean romantic stuff). I can do that if you think it's more appropriate there.
    Good luck with this!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    yeah thats exactly what i think she has done.

I think i need to support her because she has been a bit down and it could have been a sign for her friends that she might do something silly. I also find it a bit strange that you would want to do a video like that about yourself.

erm yeh i do think it would be better in relationships i would be greatful if you did move it :)

Thank you for your hellp

she has loads of attention from us she has a daughter and one f us is always down ther at hers on an evening making sure she is ok and stuff we even look after her daughter so she can have some me time with the rest of our friends.
  • Soph001Soph001 Posts: 105 The Mix Convert
    I see what you mean, and why you're worried this could be more of a cry for help than just attention-seeking. I guess you know your friend, you know whether or not that's the kind of thing she would do.
    Right, consider the thread moved!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    thank you :D