Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How soon is too soon

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've got a really close friend who's marriage has been basically over for a couple of years, but they stayed together for the kids. Now in the last few weeks he's moved out for good and they've told the kids its all over.

The last few months we've become really attracted to each other but not done anything about it, now it feels like we're ready to move forward. All the advice & support groups on divorce say you shouldn't get involved with someone who's still married because of the baggage and healing time, but he's only married until the paperwork is done, and its effectively been over since before we even met. So, do I go for it or do I wait?

Thoughts please!

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i think you should wait until all the paper work is done. Just because my sister in law went throught the same thing and her partner was the married one and they split and he got with my sister in law. But that paper work was not done and now his ex wife is claiming adultry even tho they was not together when he and my sister in law got together.

So what am trying to say is it could mess up the devorse papers of you do and he would have to pay towards her keep like mantinace.

but apart from that i think you should go for it if he is split up and doesnt live ther.