Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Pregnancey

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
well i dont know what else to do...me and my partner have been trying for a baby for ages and still nothing!!.

does anyone know what to do?? besides sex??.

it gets me mad people that dont try for a baby or have a one night stand manage to get pregnant straight away but people that do try find it really difficult!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    How long is 'ages'? It can take a while!

You're only young, so the guidelines are if you've been trying 2 years and no joy, you should go to the docs and they can investigate further.

If it's only been a few months, that's normal. Just keep trying and cross fingers!
    How long have you been trying?
    Sex every other day is better than every day and also living a healthy lifestyle....both of you.
    we have been tryin for a year. we dont have sex every day we have it every other day..
    and thank you
    Tweety wrote: »
    Sex every other day is better than every day

Not any more: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8125934.stm :yippe:
    Perhaps it was fluke with us then as daily didn't work but after months or trying we did every other day and hey presto i was preg.
    Aye, you can read all the studies in the world, but I think in the end it all comes down to right time, right place, large chunk of luck :)
    Yeah. I think relaxing is a big part of it too.
    Tweety wrote: »
    Yeah. I think relaxing is a big part of it too.

:yes:

Also think it's important to have fun sex, not just monotonous babymaking sex. Can't hurt, in any case, can it? :thumb:
    doggy style, then bum up in the air and head down on all fours for 20mins...got me pregola TWICE! Knowing when you ovulate helps with this one as it does get tiring

Disclaimer: I DO NOT take responsibility for any cold bums! :p
    Amira wrote: »
    doggy style, then bum up in the air and head down on all fours for 20mins...got me pregola TWICE! Knowing when you ovulate helps with this one as it does get tiring

Disclaimer: I DO NOT take responsibility for any cold bums! :p

You should write a book or something :p

Does it specifically have to be doggy and bum in the air? Could you go for variations on a theme, like missionary followed by a 20 min handstand?
    Olive wrote: »
    You should write a book or something :p

Does it specifically have to be doggy and bum in the air? Could you go for variations on a theme, like missionary followed by a 20 min handstand?

Well, we went for minimal movement so as not to lose anything. But why not, if you enjoy doing headstands for 20mins who am I to stop you :p
    You have financial worries and worries about where you're going to be living. It's not a good time to be getting pregnant and if you're anxious and worried it really affects your ability to conceive.

In any month you have about a 20% chance of getting pregnant, if memory serves me right, even if you do everything right. It might be worth making a doctor's appointment if you're worried.

You'll get pregnant when it's most inconvenient, don't worry!
    well i dont know what else to do...me and my partner have been trying for a baby for ages and still nothing!!.

does anyone know what to do?? besides sex??.

You have to have sex to make a baby, cuddles just don't have the same effect :p
    Hey hiddenxxsecrets :)

You've had some great words of wisdom, all we would add is to signpost you to the 'trying for a baby' page on Thesite - it may help you a little.

Good luck - :thumb:
    to kirmit..we now have no financal or living worries its all been sorted so really we have no worries wat so eva now :D...which i am sooo pleased about. The only worry i have is about getting pregnant.

thank you all for your help