Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Weightwatchers/Slimming World

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello :] I was just wondering if anybody has ever used either weightwatchers or slimming world to lose weight, and if so which one worked best for them? im just a size 12 at the moment but have put on a bit of weight recently and i would like to lose about 10 pounds really.but i dont think il be able to do it without having some sort of structured meeting to go to like one of those two.

ive done weightwatchers before but it was about 5 years ago so i dont know if its changed a lot or not. i remember you used to have to pay if you missed a meeting, does anybody know if you still do, as sometimes i have irregular shifts at work so i might not be able to go to the meeting every single week. also what do you actually do on slimming world? iv heard of red and green days but dont really know what it entails.

iv started going swimming twice a week and using my mums running machine twice a week too, is this likely to make any difference or is that just a bare minimum of exercise i should be doing? i didnt really do any exercise at all before that :blush:

any hints/tips/experience would be grateful.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think you still have to pay if you miss a meeting, im not to sure about that, i havent used weight watchers myself, but my mum is now, and she is doing really well and i know that she would recommend it, as she really likes it. She did try slimming world, but it wasnt for her.

Good luck :thumb:
    I've done weight watchers with really good success and I only did it for 5 months this time and probably 6 months before as then I couldn't afford it. I only did online. My problem is eating and eating and eating and just being able to see how unbalanced my diet was and how much over a normal amount I was really helped. Unfortunatly I went back to my old eating habbits the first time but so far have kept everything off this time.

I did it a few years ago and again this year. I don't think it has changed much as far as the online part goes. They now give you options of "filling foods" (some vegis, fruits and high fiber things) but that was a bit pointless I thought.

Plus I loved being able to find healthy recipes.
    My older sister is doing Rosemary Conley and has lost a stone so far (slowly, but she has a cola addiction and isn't actually being very good tbf). You do the exercise bit and the weighing bit or you can just do the weighing or just hte exercise. I used to do it and it's like aerobics.
    Franki wrote: »
    My older sister is doing Rosemary Conley and has lost a stone so far (slowly, but she has a cola addiction and isn't actually being very good tbf). You do the exercise bit and the weighing bit or you can just do the weighing or just hte exercise. I used to do it and it's like aerobics.

Does your sister's cola addiction involve diet or normal coke? I'm wondering because I drink 1 or 2 glasses of diet coke most days. At just 1 cal per 250ml glass, surely that isn't a problem? The only problem I'd that you would have is if you didn't brush your teeth regularly?
    Weight watchers is still the same, although you can do it online. But if it's the weigh-in's and the support you want then the meetings are definatly better. I've never done slimming world but everyone raves about it alot more than weight watchers!
    yeahh i looked at the online thing, it seems easy enough but i dont think id stick to it if i dont go to a meeting and get weighed every week ha. im so crap at dieting :(

just had a look at rosemary conley franki, seems like it works but im such a fussy eater i think weightwatchers would be better for me cos at least then i can eat what i want as long as i dont go over the points. i lost a stone last time i did WW so hopefully i can do it again. gonna go to the meeting on monday, im worried il see people i know though haha! not sure why it bothers me but oh well.
    Monserrat wrote: »
    Does your sister's cola addiction involve diet or normal coke? I'm wondering because I drink 1 or 2 glasses of diet coke most days. At just 1 cal per 250ml glass, surely that isn't a problem? The only problem I'd that you would have is if you didn't brush your teeth regularly?
    Normal coke. She used to drink at least two 500ml bottles every day and from how much of the stuff she was drinking at the weekend I assume she still does.