Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

hair washing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I wash my hair every day sometimes twice if I've been swimming in the pool/sea. But it's very fine and tends to be so fluffy plus it's sundamaged - the sun bleaches it very light every summer. I want to try and see how long I can go without washing it.... if I can last more than a week :P It's very short.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Could you not try changing your shampoo?

I can go two days without washing my hair and then i have to. I wash it everyday on the weekdays.
    you are probably washing it too much! hair - even if really greasy - only needs to be washed once or twice a week and much more than 3 times a week can dry it out.

get some shampoo for frizzy hair - lush has some great stuff, and use heavy duty conditioner as well...

not washing your hair for as long as you can take it is really good for your hair!
    I have to wash my hair every other day or less (normally every 3) unless I want some kind of uncontrollable afro. It very rarely looks greasy, and is in much better condition than it should be considering how often I dye it and straighten it!
    I have to wash my hair every other day. I can't imagine leaving it a week, especially if you have short hair as you can't tie it back or owt so it will feel all icky on your head! Put people are right, it is better to wash your hair less!
    I want to grow my fringe about an inch and a half... its about an inch above my eyebrows and too short, so I think if I don't wash my hair it's in better condition and maybe it will grow quicker. I currently have kind of this hairstyle and it's a similar colour

Hair

.. but my fringe is a bit shorter.
    I wish i didnt have to wash it every day but it just doesnt feel nice if i dont and am in work. I certainly cant leave it any longer than 2 days. I do straighten it every day am in work though. if you can leave it and feel happy with it like that then go for it. x:)
    why not get your hair wet but don't use shampoo...
    I like to wash mine every other day. A dry shampoo can be good for inbetween washes.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    I never wash my hair with anything other than hot water. That's all I've washed it with for over ten years.

I have always had reasonably short hair though.
    Weekender Offender 
    I'm a guy and wash my hair with shampoo every time I have a shower sometimes twice a day. Wonder if I'm doing my hair damage?
    i wash mine twice a week, three at the most and find it's much better than washing it every day.
    I find my hair gets greasy if i wash it too much, so i wash it ... sunday, tusday, thursday and sometimes fri/sat if i'm going out somewhere.
    Some may say it is better to wash only a few times a week but if I didn't wash every day, or twice, depending on when I go to the gym, I'd look and smell like a damn hobo... a hobo on a cabbage diet. Probably end up scratching like I've got the crabs in the head too.

Basin White's Iced Cherry shampoo bar and neutrogena's hair mask leaves it feeling and looking just fine.
    Wow- just looked up that 'Basin White' ... it's a Disney store...that sells bath stuff? weird!
    I wash mine everyday, maybe on the odd occasion i leave it until two days. I have to wash mine, i have horses and i'm afraid after riding/mucking out your hair does tend to absorb the smell and there's no way i'm going out or to work stinking of ponio :no:
    I wash mine every 2-3 days, it's not very long- but when I wash it I put on conditioner twice and leave it in for 4-5 mins. Makes it all smooth :-) I have a bath every day though, and wet it then, but don't use shampoo or conditioner.
    C-A x