Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How do i make him appretiate me more?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
We have been together 5 months now, and everything is usually great,but just the last week or so, i feel like he doesnt appretiate me, and im just like 'there', like nothing special. We havent been out in a while, and ive been stressing alot as i get my GCSE results soon, but i just dont feel appretiated or respected at all. I give it to him though. This weekend we are having a break, im going away and hes got plans too, which we also havent done in a while. Will that help? After all, abesence makes the heart grow fonder. Well i hope so anyway, but what can i do?

Comments

• Options
    I would just tell him outright what you feel. Every now and again with the man and I, things get routine, yeah-you-are-here-so-what-you-always-are and monotonous... not in a bad way, just in a comfortable but boring way. I've found either somebody says something about not feeling appreciated, just being there kind of feeling or we bottle it up and then it comes out in a big fight. Not saying it will, thats just me. But instead of perhaps trying subtle hints or what not, just say what is on your mind else the other person may never know how you feel.
  • Options
    totally agree with that advice :) its best just to lay your cards on the table. personally, if it were me, i would try and clear the air so to speak before you go away for your separate weekends, if just to put your mind at ease. if the two of you are close then he'll understand and respect what your saying and who knows, he might even surprise you in some way :)
  • Options
    I spose i can try. I know he has been having a hard time at work, so do you think that could be causing it too?
    Thanks for the advice so far :)
  • Options
    it may well be the cause of the problems, us men are quite shit when it comes to speaking about things that bother us :) not all of us of course. best thing you could do is just ask him outright if there's something on his mind and if there is anything you can do to help. nothing better than a supportive and caring g/f :)
  • Options
    You can't "make" someone appreciate you, they either do or they don't. It's worth talking to him, but don't expect an overnight change.
  • Options
    You're stressed, he's stressed, he's been "unappreciative" for "the last week or so".

Slap my thighs and call me Sherlock, but I don't think that the two events are coincidental :)