Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

that pill that stops your periods temporarily

whats it called, and is it too late to take it if my period is due within the next couple of days?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Norethisterone I think is the name.

No idea on the time frames I'm afraid.
    You're supposed to start taking it a few days before your period starts, I remember because I got some and then my period freakishly, for the first time in about 6 years, came a week early and so I couldn't use it :grump:

I think you can only get it from the doctors though, and they'll tell you all this.
    thanks. I got some, although i think i might be a little late to take it, but we shall see
    I cant remember what the one I took was called but I had to take it for a week before my period was due and then during when it should have been. It did work but came with horrible side effects, bloating, water retention and horrible tummy ache, then for the next few months my periods were very heavy and painful. A few of my friends have had the same experience with it and I personally wouldn't take it again. Hopefully it won't have the same effect on you x