Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Pain in throat...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've made an appointment at the doctors but it's not until next Wednesday... If I get an emergancy appointment I'll have to miss work and I get paid hourly so I don't really want to miss any, so just wanted to know if anyone has any ideas what's wrong with me.

I've had a pain in my throat for over a week. It's a bit hard to discribe where it is... It's like to the back of my thoat/tongue on the left and underneath my jaw a bit and that bit under your ear... my mum says it sounds like a gland.
I'm aware of it all the time - but sometimes it's worse than others. It feels sharp. It sometimes gets better for about 5 minutes after I've had a drink of eaten something but then it comes back.

Other than the pain I feel absolutly fine... Maybe a little more tired than usual but that's it.
Dunno if it could be a slight infection or what really... But it's really starting to bug me now. Any ideas?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Might be a gland - I had soreness and swelling in a similar place from a gland when I had a tooth abcess. Paracetamol helped!

Deffo worth a trip to the docs though, could be loads of things! :)
    Any chance it could be wisdom teeth coming through?
    Possible. I did think that... But I'm not sure how that feels. lol

Have even wondered if it's an ear infection... I don't usually know when I've got those.
    Pass... mine didn't hurt at all. :)