Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Fake tan for men

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey,

So I'm pretty pale, I don't like to sunbathe, and I have considered sun-beds but I'm worried about damaging my skin. So I'm thinking of testing some false-tan. I don't really know what to pick because I don't want to be near shit brown, or orange. I just want a slight tone to my skin.

I have the type of skin that when it gets REALLY cold, places like my hands, arms etc get very veiny. Like this, but not so white all the time. I've got a slight bit of colour on my face, but it's nothing great.

Anyone got any recommendations?

I tried doing some searching for images of before and after. But I could only really find this: http://www.piercemattie.com/blogs/Before%20&%20After_Female_Sundara_150%20DPI.jpg - Something like that, but obviously on a man, but not so brown. I don't want to look camp.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Personally I feel you run a high risk of looking like a tangerine. I'm not familiar with tanning products and can understand your concerns with regards to too much sun or sunbeds. I'd start with light or white clothing to give the appearance or contrast your skin is darker. If this isn't enough of a contrast and you really want to try a product then get some independent advice and feedback.
    Thanks for that link Shifty. Decided to buy the St. Tropez 3 part Tanning Trial bottles. Let's see how it goes, haha.
    If every girl ever is anything to go by, fake tan is ridiculously hard to get right (and girls are usually the ones with the experience in this kind of thing). Plus the smell is a dead giveaway and washes off your hands etc first and requires constant re-applying. Certain male skincare brands do moisturisers with built in gradual tanning stuff so you may want to have a look at them. Never tried them though so can't tell you how good they are.

I know you've said you don't want to but you're probably better off using sunbeds. It won't damage your skin as long as you don't go OTT with it.
    A gradual tanner like Kiezo suggested is probably best. You can as the name suggests gradually get more tanned. The more often you apply the darker it'll be. I have pale skin which can be very veiny but only one application of gradual tanner if enough for me to have a bit of colour and to have the veiny-ness covered.
    maybe the solution to that are vitamins. like iron, vit d..