Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

GHD users...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
has anyone ever bought any online? who did you use? were they cheaper? there seem to be alot of fakes out there!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I had mine 4year now.
    I got them from hairdresser when they did a trade your old straightners in broke or working for cheaper ghd.
    I paid 80 instead of 125!
    I bought some for my mum from ebay@ christmas

Got them in 4 days, they worked fine, still are great :D
    Does ebay not do one of those How To Spot A Fake... things for GHDs? I got mine at a hairdresser years ago. Excellent buy :)
    I used Jason Shankey when the latest edition ones came out and they were £20 or so cheaper than in the shops. Recommended :thumb:
    has anyone ever bought any online? who did you use? were they cheaper? there seem to be alot of fakes out there!

I made the mistake of purchasing mine online, the appeal being that obviously they were alot cheaper and like you said, there is alot of fakes which in my case was true. I think the important thing is to trust the site you are buying from and that's a lesson that i've learned. I think I'd rather pay the full high street price than get another set of fakes.
    HQ hair about 4 years ago, they still work fine
    think i just bought mine from their website. so not cheaper but they're real!
    I got bought mine for christmas from my boyfriend.

he used ebay and luckily didn't recieve a fake I think he paid something like 100.00 pound including postage and packaging. and this was the white 'innocence' limited edition, in it packaging etc.

I guess its good to talk to the seller and make sure that they are honest, it's good to check the sellers feedback and read the comments, its a bit tideous but to get a good deal and not getting ripped off, its worth it!
    Plenty of places to get originals! GHDs are indeed the Mac Daddy of hair tools, oh how i wish i had them when i was still at schooL!