Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Do Pills actually contain any MDMA atall these days?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I havn't dropped for about 4 years, I thought my pill head days were behind me to be honest but last weekend my girlfriend convinced me to do a few pills and have a "night in" with her.
how could I resist a night of pill sex?

So we got 6 pills and dropped one each and.....nothing happened, so we did another half each...still nothing except a bit of sweating, 30 minutes later we did the other one and a half and Still couldn't feel anything!
About 2 hours later I felt very tired and was trying to sleep but couldn't.
Infact we didn't sleep atall that night. experienced mild visual hallucinations for about 2 days afterwards and generally couldn't think clearly or get my words out easily.
wasn't a pleasant experience atall to be honest
Very disappointing.
Back in the day pills actually contained chemicals that made you feel good, is that not the case anymore?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You'd be lucky to find any decent pills these days mate. I noticed they started to decline massively about 2 years ago here (Bristol) and ever since then I stopped.

I turned to MDMA, but it seems to be going towards the same route.. The last few lots of mud I've had has made me feel weird, ill and sick.

In future though, if you're gonna do anything like that, I'd recommend www.pillreports.com to check up on what you may be buying. I've found the website to be very reliable in the past.
    You should be demanding that your government demands that the pharm industry supplies only good gear but for some reason ......
    Apparently there is currently no MDMA in Europe. I have no idea how true that is.
    Even MDMA in crystal is supposedly piperzamsomething at the moment.
    heyya, okay- so my dad's day job is he works with drug addicts/alchoholics ect. hes sort of like a counseler (can't spell it sorry!) but he isnt. Anyway, he said that the purity of drugs is decreasing alot... so as to make them cheaper for the dealer, and so the dealer has more to give out. As an example, cocaine has been found cut with dog worming tablets, suger, flour... you know, the list is endless. I find there nothing wrong with drugs and have done light ones onces or twice, but the dangers are more you don't know what you are getting. So, yea- you can think your getting XTC or whateva, but it's rare for it to be even slightly pure xx
    C-A x
    On the whole it seems they dont.

My friend got some the other day and I was present when they were tested, they didn't even have any speed in them let alone MDMA. Just low amounts of 2CB/DXM and "other substances" (we were using a limited test).
    The average content per pill is hovering around the 30mg mark, although there are a lot with the piperazines in them.

Strangely though MDMA crystal seems to be still strong for a black market product with an average purity of about 65-70%.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Every pill I've taken within the last 3 years has contained BZP. I hate it. Won't ever do pills again. Strictly MDMA now.
    Weekender Offender 
    Last time I did pills properly I thought I was gonna die.

I took a few in the club and didnt come up at all,just felt really weird and not right,not the usual buzz they give.
    Took another 2 back at my mates and still nothing.

Tried to go sleep and seemed to come up on 5 at once!!!:sour:
    Was horrible,felt like I was going to sleep in my sleep and all I could hear was really loud laughing ringing in my ears.

In the end I kept myself awake and walked home,freaked out at home thinking wasnt gonna wake up if I went to sleep.
    I couldnt stay awake much longer so I thought if I was gonna die Id rather die warm and comfy in my bed.:thumb:

Fuck knows what was in those but they definatley werent proper pills and my mates are always saying that they have to double drop to get a little buzz so the standards have slipped.
    My mate does a bit of dealing and every load of pills he gets he says get worse each time.

As for coke,well,thats always been bloody dodgy shit.
    The Leaf wrote: »
    As for coke, well, thats always been bloody dodgy shit.

I heard that a 1/3rd of the samples taken by the police for the last few months had 10% or less cocaine.
    budda wrote: »
    I heard that a 1/3rd of the samples taken by the police for the last few months had 10% or less cocaine.
    Is there a lower limit to what people will pay £40 for? I'm interested to know if the purity will go up again if the supply goes up, or will the promise of extra profit keep the purity down?

I also wonder if MDMA is ever going to make a comeback. Apparently there have been big busts and the supply hasn't been regular for at least a couple of years. Is this due to tougher policing, or just police getting lucky?
    Is there a lower limit to what people will pay £40 for? I'm interested to know if the purity will go up again if the supply goes up, or will the promise of extra profit keep the purity down?

I also wonder if MDMA is ever going to make a comeback. Apparently there have been big busts and the supply hasn't been regular for at least a couple of years. Is this due to tougher policing, or just police getting lucky?

Cocaine still has glamour, to be frank I think its bonkers. If people learnt a bit more about the trade and its damage to both people and the environment they might not want to use it.

There must be the ingredients on the market because there is MDMA crystal on the market, its just that pill makers cant or wont use it. I did hear that about 2 years ago there was a big bust of PMK in Eastern Europe and it closed off a connection from China. This site gives a bit of detail about the synth.
    budda wrote: »
    Cocaine still has glamour, to be frank I think its bonkers. If people learnt a bit more about the trade and its damage to both people and the environment they might not want to use it.
    The thing that amuses/saddens me is many people getting into drugs now think this is it. People who don't know better believe what they hear about good coke making your mouth numb, and so perpetuate the myth by buying cheap, cut coke and thinking it's amazing. The same goes for people just getting into pills and clubbing, who will have a real MDMA experience rarely, if at all. I even know long-time clubbers who can't tell whether their pills are pips or not since it has been so long since decent MDMA pills.
    There must be the ingredients on the market because there is MDMA crystal on the market, its just that pill makers cant or wont use it. I did hear that about 2 years ago there was a big bust of PMK in Eastern Europe and it closed off a connection from China. This site gives a bit of detail about the synth.
    Nice link. It could be what you mentioned. As far as I'm aware MDMA has been sparse or non-existant for a long time, but perhaps some channels are still flowing. To be honest I haven't taken MDMA in about nine months so I can't say for sure!
    I'm definitely not pro-drugs, but I do suspect that if they were regulated rather than criminalised, the quality would go up a lot. Might even make it a tiny bit safer.

I'm not sure if anyone has come up with a workable regulatory scheme yet though.
    The thing that amuses/saddens me is many people getting into drugs now think this is it. People who don't know better believe what they hear about good coke making your mouth numb, and so perpetuate the myth by buying cheap, cut coke and thinking it's amazing. The same goes for people just getting into pills and clubbing, who will have a real MDMA experience rarely, if at all. I even know long-time clubbers who can't tell whether their pills are pips or not since it has been so long since decent MDMA pills.

I completely agree, and it goes further than just the quality of the drugs on the market. Poly-drug use has become the norm, so many clubbers wouldnt know what a pure MDMA high is like even if they had access to it - most will drink alcohol with it as well as taking other drugs. You're dead on when it comes to the 'freeze' and other effects, if people want that the dealer gives them novocaine and if they are expecting a rush they get caffiene and speed.
    Nice link. It could be what you mentioned. As far as I'm aware MDMA has been sparse or non-existant for a long time, but perhaps some channels are still flowing. To be honest I haven't taken MDMA in about nine months so I can't say for sure!

This is what I find odd, there must be good MDMA out there for the powder market, its just that pill makers dont use it. But then since the price fell to stupid levels for pills they have got worse and worse - you cant expect a pill costing as little as a couple of pounds in a nightclub to contain 120mg of good MDMA.
    I'm definitely not pro-drugs, but I do suspect that if they were regulated rather than criminalised, the quality would go up a lot. Might even make it a tiny bit safer.

I'm not sure if anyone has come up with a workable regulatory scheme yet though.

Of course the quality would go up and as you say it would be safer if people knew what they were taking - especially with heroin where the main hazard is the mixed quality of supply.

Its simple really the government should licence chemist type shops to sell cannabis, MDMA and other drugs in PIHKAL in regulated doses. Its the international law which is complex not the actual method of legal sale should we get to it.
    I think we should as a country have testing clinics, I think it's the Netherlands (?) that has this in place and it works well. Take your drug to the clinic, get it tested, if it's bogus and full of bad mixes they'll dispose of it safely. If it's "safe" (Wont go over this whole issue of "safe" again) you get the drug back and you are able to walk away without getting nicked outside when you leave for possession. Anonymous, safe and sends the correct message.

I also think towards pills and clubs, they should legally be required to have fans on the dance floor/water vending machines. (Reason they'd be vending machines is what if you went the bar, they assumed you were on E and called security?) If I was to take pills in clubs I wouldn't do them in nearly every club/pub I visit on a night out. They're too hot, they have fans but they aren't always on. If they are they only have like 1 on the whole floor.