Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Otally Disgusting Random Question

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok... so how long should it take to properly digest food?

I had an indian takeaway tonight and about an hour later some...ahem...fairly loose bowel functions:blush:

ew, I know. Does this mean i havent properly absorbed the food? Just wanna know if i should feel guilty about the calories or not :P

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I find that if I have a pasta dish with a grated cheese topping, the whole thing will exit me within half an hour, like as if the meal never gets processed. When I asked the question on TheSite a couple of months back, it was suggested that it could be an allergy. The thing it, it never started happening until about a year ago, then like the flick of a light switch...

Sorry I couldn't answer more relevant, but just to throw an alergy idea to you as a suggestion.

We'll see what other posters say :-)
    Food associated illness is also a possibility.
    I hear that happening a lot. I don't know why the boyfriend and his friends like to talk about bowel movements but having dinner go right through you doesn't seem all that uncommon as I've heard a million conversations about it. Especially if it was greasy or spicy for some reason.