Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Alice in wonderland and...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
...Through the looking glass(?)

I was thinking of doing these books for my disertation. Do they sound too childish? I know there is lots of themes/symbols in Alice in Wonderland but I'm not sure on through the looking glass.

I just want to read them haha!

Or any other suggestions would be great!

:)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It depends what you want to write about. Most undergraduate theses are based on something that has been studied many times before, so don't worry about that. Have you talked to your tutor about it?
    It depends what you want to write about. Most undergraduate theses are based on something that has been studied many times before, so don't worry about that. Have you talked to your tutor about it?

No, i've not talked to my teacher yet. We were just to come up with ideas and tell him next time we see him. I can't find any dissertations on it at Advanced higher level, so i'm not too sure what i could write about yet.

:D
    personal reflection? JB x
    personal reflection? JB x

?
    could you use the title of the book as a theme like...shes reflecting her thoughts - or is that wayyy off?
    Alice in wonderland is all about taking drugs... It is childish, until you look deeper. I love the books though, just read them to my half sister.
    C-A x
    Alice in wonderland is all about taking drugs... It is childish, until you look deeper. I love the books though, just read them to my half sister.
    C-A x

yeahh, i'd say there is a lot to do with 'life is a meaningless puzzle' and the change from childhood to adulthood, and the loss of childhood innocence aswell.