Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Help me

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just lately, i have been feeling quite down, i want to be able to believe in myself, but im not sure what to do or where to begin. I dont want to get anybody else around me involved, its my problem really, but i start college soon, i pick up my GCSE's in a few days and i just cant relax and take my mind of everything. The only time i can is if im with someone, i dont want to be alone, which is odd, cos i usually love a bit of time to myself. I feel better writing this out, sorry for rambling! But how can i help myself? I feel confused.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Anybody? :(
    Hey missemilylouise :wave:

Sorry to hear you're feeling low at the moment :( sometimes stress and worry can get the better of us and it's quite common to feel like you don't want to burden anyone else with your problems. It might help to put yourself in the shoes of a good friend and if it was the other way around you'd probabaly hope that they would come to you and you'd want to be there to support them? Afterall that's what friends are for and you shouldn't feel bad for asking for their support.

Reaching out to a close friend or family member could really help you. Talking things through and even just being able to have a good rant sometimes and get things off your chest can really lift that sense of confusion and anxiety.

Other things that might lift your mood might be taking the time to really look after yourself, watch your favorite movie or listen to your favorite music too. It can help to think about when you last felt more positive and what was going through your mind then? Think about what makes you feel happy and try and focus on that. If you don't feel like being on your own that's fine.

Alternatively you could always call something like Supportline - 01708 765200 - or email them on info@supportline.co.uk - they offer confidential emotional support for young people.

Hope this helps and feel free to vent your feelings here anytime :)
    Thank you, that really helps :)