Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Jobs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
why is it all it seems to be lately is filling out application forms after application forms!! yet no one is getting back to me!!

i really need a job yet no one seems to want to give me one no matter how hard i apply:banghead: :banghead:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Have you tried going to a recruitment agency?
    I totally sympathise!

It's all I do too. So many people are applying they don't even bother to respond! :no:

Very disheartening but just keep on going.. eventually everyone else will have a job and there will be one left for me, and one for you haha

Sorry thats not very constructive... but don't give up!
    why is it all it seems to be lately is filling out application forms after application forms!! yet no one is getting back to me!!

i really need a job yet no one seems to want to give me one no matter how hard i apply:banghead: :banghead:

One word: recession.

Everyone is wanting a job at the moment, unemployment is ridiculously high. Apparently it was all caused by bankers. Hang on, wait...
    It is really frustrating, but remember that you have no chance of getting the job unless you apply, so keep at it!

Are you getting any feedback from employers about why you're not getting jobs? It might be worth following up (esp on the ones you really wanted) to ask for some feedback - sometimes it's something simple like the way you've phrased your application, or a key skill missing from your CV. If you know more about what's expected of you, you could improve your chances by gaining more skills/redoing your CV etc.

Have you thought about trying to get some unpaid experience while you look for work? You could try approaching companies you'd like to work for to do work experience - you never know, if you really impress them they might even offer you paid work.

Or you could try volunteering in a field that's close to what you want to do. Again, it's a great way to make contacts and learn new things. Do a search on Do-it to find out what volunteering opportunities are happening near you.

Good luck!
    Same situation

Hey,

Im in the same situation! Its so frustrating making the calls, sending the emails, badgering the agencies to not have any leads. :banghead:

I've found that some weeks are better than others, I went for about 2 months without hearing anything then 3 came at once for interviews, but as there is so much competition out there (and so much more qualified competition) I didnt succeed at any of them.

Its a hard situation, but we're just a statistic of the millions of people getting jobs!

What sort of work are you looking for?

S