Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

False advertising on tv channels

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
The History Channel is filled with shows about truck drivers in Alaska and pawn shop owners. Shows about weapons that would more than fit on the Military Channel. I understand that VH1 and MTV don't have anything to do with music anymore... but why put live action on Cartoon Network!

TV channels don't play what they say anymore. I should just boycot it.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I never thought of that before! Down with false advertising!
  • Options
    I agree about shows like Ice Road Truckers - although i'm assuming they are planning to repeat it for so long they will actually become some kind of social history...

However, worth remembering that the Military Channel and History Channel aren't part of the same network - so you're always going to get shows covering weapons and wars on both.

And come on, who doesn't love R. Lee Ermey in Lock 'n' Load - he's just violently in love with guns and it's full of history :)

But yeah, time to drop the reality shows - personally I think even Universe is a pretty big stretch - surely that belongs on a science channel? Same with Monsterquest - sometimes great show, but throwing a bit of folk lore into something doesn't really make it history.

At times it feels like they just haven't been able to expand properly with the concerns about the credit crunch - they definately have enough for a science channel, or maybe one for shows with a real interest in world history and one channel for 'social history' - so Gangland, Ax Men, Modern Marvels, etc.

Mind you, saying that, Gangland is a bloody good piece of criminal history - well worth checking out.