Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Butterfly Effect

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I just watched the movie the Butteryfly Effect which is a good movie BUT the ending I'm sure was totally different to what I remember from seeing it last - does this movie have more then 1 ending?

I mean is there more then one version of the movie?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think so, yeah.
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Yus. There was a different ending in the cinema to the DVD release. Not sure which was on the teevee last night.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Not only that, but the cinema ending had 2-3 different variations.
    Why would you give a film numerous endings? How confusing is that!
    Mainly because the producers didn't like the ending it originally had so the maker had to change it for the cinema. The DVD ending is the one he originally wanted.
    This is rare, but in this case I think the producers were right.
    I've seen two ending, not sure if there are anymore, im not gonna post a spoiler in case someones not seen it but it wouldnt be too hard to google
    The original ending I saw would have upset a lot of people and even today - after seeing it many years ago I still remember it but not for good reasons, the one I saw on TV last night was a very mild ending - I can see how a lot of people would be upset by the ending I saw first time around.

Although the much milder ending made a lot more sense to the time line to me.. even though the film ended really weakly.
    I didn't even realize there were different endings to that movie. I have that DVD so I guess I've only ever seen that ending. It's weird when they change the endings for movies...kinda changes the whole movie IMO
    I didn't know about the multi-endings either. The ending that I've seen (on my DVD) is where the main character never gets born. The final scene in the film shows the mother having a miscarriage.

What are the other endings?
    the first time i saw it, it ended with the ashton guy going back in time to a birthday party, where he tells the girl never to speak to him again or he'd kill her parents - or something like that!! consequently she never got with him and died etc etc etc
    They later pass each other on the street when theyre fully grown and they realise they somehow know each other but dont know how

the second time i saw it, it was the miscarriage ending.
    I prefer the first one because its.. happier!!
    Are there any more endings other than those 2?!! If there are I didnt realise there were any others!
    Thanks Soraliah. Your first ending definintely sounds like a better ending! The second ending (the one I've seen) is more poignant.
    yup

ya im pretty sure it does if not im sorry lol:thumb:
    soraliah wrote: »
    They later pass each other on the street when theyre fully grown and they realise they somehow know each other but dont know how

I've heard there are variations of this ending.
    In one of them they stand and look at each other, in the other she walks by him and he turns around and follows her, and in the third she walks by him and he just stops for a moment then goes on his way.

I've seen one of them, not sure which...