Home We Need You
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

BBC3 Documentary

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi all :wave:

The media team at YouthNet has been contacted by a researcher from a company called 'Special Edition Films', who are looking into how young people feel about loosing control of their personal photos and video online. They are doing some research for a future documentary on BBC3, but at the moment, just want to find out if this is a widespread issue and whether young people are being directly affected.

They're just collecting info at the moment - so nothing posted on the boards will be used in any other way unless they get it agreed by you beforehand. Any requests to contact you directly will also be fielded by us.

So, if you're happy to give them some insight into this issue, or would like to be included in the programme, make your feelings on the below questions known here.

Have you ever let a boyfriend or girlfriend take personal photos of you?

Has this come back on you after an argument or a break up?

Have friends gone through your phone and forwarded your personal photos to other mates?

Do you know who's seen the photos?

Is "sexting" fun or a problem?

Let us know your thoughts :)

Comments

• SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    I've had ex girlfriends show revealing photo's of me to their girlfriends. Never bothered me too be honest. Infact quite the opposite. Never had a problem being naked - I put up a photo of myself naked on the boards once after coming back from the pub. :D

Sextin is fun, but I could see how it causes problems. Especially for girls because I think blokes are more inclined to spread round photo's to their mates.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ive let my ex take pictures of me before, and i think he shew one of his friends, but hes always denied it.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Have you ever let a boyfriend or girlfriend take personal photos of you?
    yes, didn't regret it, just happened, always will

Has this come back on you after an argument or a break up?
    lets just say she now has a fair few embrassing photos of me, but nothing thats gonna make people think i'm diffrent to who i am, just silly pictures of me pulling faces and such

Have friends gone through your phone and forwarded your personal photos to other mates?
    no, i keep my phone personal, its got alot of things on there that i don't want certain people to find out (parents finding out bout weed for example)

Do you know who's seen the photos?
    no, don't really care tbh, don't give a shit if their ciruclating round the web with some stupid caption like "stupid face of the week" etc (couldn't come up with a witty one)

Is "sexting" fun or a problem?
    its not a problem, and its not really fun for me, i will do it if its what my OH wants but i'd much rather do it face to face, at least they'll be some sort of actually physical contact :D