Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Fav themepark, ride, fair ride

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
On a similar theme to Johnny Mac's Waterpark thread, what is your favourite themepark(s), and their rides. Include normal fair rides too.

For themeparks, I've done Alton Towers, Drayton Manor and 2 of the smaller parks so I don't think it's enough for me to judge on parks yet. Favourite themepark ride have gotta be Spinball Whizzer at Alton. Favourite travelling fair rides are Stargate, Frisbee, Over The Top and the Boosters.

If you're not sure what they are, Youtube them.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i think my favourite ride in england is nemesis at alton towers, for some reason i just really like it :] as from out of england, i looove the spiderman ride at universal studios island of adventures...also the mummy ride at universal studios :)
    I like Rita Queen of Speed at Alton Towers and Oblivion :yes:

We have a fair that comes every year and I like the rides like the Gravity Wheel and the Sidekick also the fun houses are good!

At Blackpool I lke the big one, the grand national, wildmouse and steeplechase
    ooo yeah i love the grand national at blackpool. i hate the big one though it makes me feel sick! have you seen on the news how theres been a crash on the big dipper at blackpool, scary stuff. you never think that sort of thing will happen, well i dont.
    ooo yeah i love the grand national at blackpool. i hate the big one though it makes me feel sick! have you seen on the news how theres been a crash on the big dipper at blackpool, scary stuff. you never think that sort of thing will happen, well i dont.

I know...how scary! We went the other month and it was closed then. That and Valhalla are always breaking down :nervous:
    But Valhalla is awful...I hate that ride apart from the fact you get soaked it send you down massive drops backwards and end up bashing your head everywhere :(

I got stuck on the runaway train at Alton Towers last time I went, it got stuck just before the station where it's on a proper curve...the longest 15 minutes ever :grump: Got an extra two goes round though :thumb:
    the hulkcoaster in Universal Islands of Adventure :yes: ace rollercoaster

.. but then im biased because i worked in that park on that ride :)

if i was to pick another that wasnt from that park then id say... montu or gwazi (rollercoasters) in Buschgardens.
    Oblivion is a total fave of mine, and nemesis is great :yes:
    Tough to choose.

I really enjoyed the Tower of Terror at Dreamworld on the Gold Coast and the Nemesis at Alton Towers. But I think the ride I enjoy the most is the Grand National at Blackpool.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Used to work at Paultons Park as a ride operator when I was 18 - probably the best themepark in the world. :lol:
    http://www.paultonspark.co.uk/2009/ridesattractions/ridesattractions.html
    Weekender Offender 
    Not been to a themepark for years. Last time i went i loved Air at Alton Towers.

That Valhalla ride was great fun at Blackpool although didn't realise i was going to get as wet as i did. Luckily it was August heatwave few years back so by the end of the mile long walk back from the Pleasure Beach i'd dried out. Amusing part was four of us, piss wet through walking through the middle of Blackpool looking like the dregs of the Miss T-Shirt competition. :thumb:
    Yeah Trashed, the Teacups actually finished me off when I was at Drayton Manor last month, yet I could ride all the major rides no probs.

On a similar dizzyness theme, if you hit a travelling fair and find a ride called Superspin or Experience (same machine, just 2 names) then be very careful!

I'm still yet to do Air. I've been to Alton twice since Air was built and I've never had the chance to go. Then again, there is always tomorrow, and in fact, I really am going tomorrow :-)
    USA: Epcot Centre, Sea World, Kennedy Space Centre, Epcot Centre, Discovery Island and MGM Studios..................All the rides
    Another vote for the Grand National. I've been on that so many times. Wooden rollercoasters are always more fun imo. Except when they crash, of course.
    My favorite theme park ride is the Fairy Tale Brook at the SoCal (US) Legoland park. They have a bunch of Lego re-creations of scenes from different fairy tales. Very neat and surprisingly fun for any age!
    Alton Towers is becoming shit. 2+ hours in a queue for a 1 minute ride. People continually queue jumping and the dipstick staff doing fuck all about it, and the food and litter is fucking atrocious.

Thorpe Park is brill. It's smaller but just as many good rides so if one has a big queue it's not far to walk to another one. I went to one of their Halloween nights 2 years ago and it was really good.
    I went to a theme park in Holland with this rollercoaster called "the falcon" It was amazing! I like Dragons fury at chessington, and vampire (obviously)
    C-A x
    Is it Alton Towers, or Thorpe Park which banned people putting their hands in the air on coasters in warm weather. I found that amusing, but a bit ridiculous, the air goes past so fast you can't even smell others' BO.

But rollercoasters, I went off them after I smashed my face on the safety bar on one in France, and ended up with mashed up face and mild concussion.
    OUCH!
    C-A x