Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

OUCH! my shoulder!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was doing set up with my dad for one of his gigs, you know like lifting flight cases and setting up the decks/CD deck ect. And i accidently lifted one of the really heavy flight cases full of records.... and Ive really hurt my shoulder! Ive had 4 paracetamol and 2 naproxyn (sorry about spelling!) today, and had a heat pad on it and a ice pack!! It just really hurts.... is there anything i can do? cos im going to a water park on monday for a week.... will it be better by then cos i wont be able to swim?
C-A xxx

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    No one can really say whether it'll be better, because we don't know what as actually happened with it. It could be a muscle strain in which case it should get better in a few days. Just carry on with ice/heat pads for a while and take any NSAIDs (ibuprofen, naproxen, diclofenac etc) which will help with any inflammation and just see how it goes.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Go see a doctor, as even if it doesnt seem too bad, if you go swimming and something underlying is now wrong, you can cause yourself a lot more damage than the original injury did. Trust me, I got knocked over by a car and thought everything in the shoulder would be fine, turns out Id torn all sorts.

I understand its not the same, but from having a few shoulder injuries, I would advise to get it checked out.