Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

help ive lost motivation or energy or both

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
ive spent 25minutes doing tricep dips and pressups. it's been a few years and now im not sure i can get to the stage where i want to be. what suggestions might you have to help me get my back on my way to full fitness.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I dont usually ever spend that long doing pushups and tricep dips. I'll probly do a set of each, rest, and then another set, and then a third set.

Usually keep myself fit with a combination of slow (fat burning) runs, some beastly sessions on the cross trainers and exercise bikes, and rowing machines.

Though I wouldnt spend that long on doing just those things you are.

Perhaps go for a steady run and every few minutes, drop and knock 20 good pushups out, come across a park bench, knock some tricep dips out. Sometimes the constantness is going to be better for building up your core strength and endurance, than just whacking a fast paced set of exercises out.

If any of that makes sense.

I'll find a good link thats easy enough to follow to get people into reasonable fitness, and more importantly a good mindset for phys which is also important.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2008/jan/07/healthandwellbeing.fitness1
    Yea, just take it slowly and gradually build up to how ever long you want to exercise for.
    C-A xx
    You always build it up so you can manage to go 5 minutes longer than you want to. Being fit is 95% actual fitness, but around 5% mental atiitude to it, not necessary the attitude as In "Yeah im looking forward to the gym" its more "come on, i KNOW I can go another 5 minutes or so"

Mental attitude during exercise will improve as you get fitter, but there will be a barrier you manage to break when you push yourself further (albeit slowly)

Just slowly but surely and keep up the positive thoughts.