Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Risotto

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've never had it but watch Hell's Kitchen far too much and they always have it as a dish so I want some now. I've looked up some recipes and they all call for a specific kind of rice, like arborio Rice or white rice or wild rice or long grain rice... I havn't spent that much time in the rice aisle to know the different kinds but I know I've seen something in the grocery store specifically labeled "risotto" as I was browsing one day.

Is it best to choose the one labeled risotto or go out and try and find the specific kind the recipe calls for?

Common sense would tell me go with the recipe but I havn't seen one recipe that says "risotto rice" so why would they even make it then :p

Comments

• Options
    The recipe often calls for 'risotto rice' but I think the one I have is called arborio rice?

You can also get packets of risotto with the rice and flavourings in.

They ALWAYS have risotto in hells kitchen, it's funny the way americals pronounce it :D I don't think it's anything special though, I think they always make it cos it's tricky to get right
  • Options
    Risotto rice is likely Arborio rice.

Wiki mentions a couple of others though, which I've never heard of: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arborio_rice