Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Sir Bobby Robson has passed away

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Its genuinely upset me, not in a oh he was a "Geordie Legend" way, just he was born nearby my parents, and lived and was brought up in my village. So he really was a local lad.

Seems a shame that the church in the village is so small, I think about a zillion people would want to see him off.

He seemed to be one of the more genuine sportsemen in the trade, plus he got us to the world cup semi finals!
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Aside from his achievements in football, he came across as one of the most decent people around.

Not just a huge loss to football.
    One of my old neighbours, who these days runs the spar shop in the village is Sir Robsons nephew, so had the TV cameras hanging around the village shop again. There is a genuine out pouring of grief for the guy. Look what he ended up achieving with his life, affecting so many people in a positive way, after growing up from working in the mines.
    It was very sad to hear this. He was a legend and a true gent! Not often you like other managers but he was lovely.
    RIP x
    RIP indeed... legend isnt a good enough world to use for him (but I can't think of anyother!)
    Crying-angel x
    Im actually gutted. Thats the end of an era, what a true legend. The beautiful game wont be the same.