Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

charged and on bail

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi my boyfriend has been charges with battery on me and released on bail he has court next monday and will be pleading quilty he has been arrested 3 times for the same thing but this is the first time they have charged him , they reckon he will get community service but i was wondering when he goes on monday will they drop the bail conditions and if so will he be alowed home as we are on a joint tenancy or will the court say he cant come back home
thanks

Comments

• Options
    Why was he still your boyfriend after the first time, never mind 3?
  • Options
    good question and to that dont have an answer but he is not coming back no that is why i wanted to know if the bail conditions will stay or if the court will do anything about it
  • Options
    Well you will have to wait to find out. As we are not a court, and we cant decide what will actually happen.
  • Options
    The very fact he is going to court to face charges means his bail will be dropped, you're only ever on bail whilst the police are gathering evidence or you've been bailed by the court whilst reports e.t.c. are compiled.

If his coming back concerns you I suggest you either leave the property, or have him removed from the tenancy, and get the police to impose a harassment warning on him.

Please don't tell us that taking him back is an option. Violent arseholes like this never change their behaviour.
  • Options
    no not taking him back was just wondering what was going to happen i went to my land lord to take him off tennancy but he said my ex has to give consent to this so i have no option but to leave before he gets back ,
  • Options
    no not taking him back was just wondering what was going to happen i went to my land lord to take him off tennancy but he said my ex has to give consent to this so i have no option but to leave before he gets back ,

Like the others have said it could be anyone's guess. If your landlord is going to be a dick about it then I think leaving is the best option.
  • Options
    could she not get a restraining order?
  • Options
    "Battery"? I had to think about that word for a minute until I read through the post. You mean battering / battered (as in beaten up)?
  • Options
    Of which the offence is "battery"
  • Options
    could she not get a restraining order?

If they're still living in the same property then no.