Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

boys and girls are silly

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i met this boy at a party about a year and a half ago and had a bit of that whole 'love at first sight' thing, we got it on and i liked him, and we talked on the internet a lot after. my mate asked him if he liked me and he said 'shes fit but not my type but im easy'. we got it on again and then i moved away. i didnt like him much for ages because he told everyone he didnt like me. but when i came back he said he was sorry and he really liked me and we ended up having sex. we had like; a really really nice time actually. he seemed pretty inexperienced and to be honest, really cuddly and like he really liked me. but i freaked out and told him i regretted it. then he told all our friends that HE regretted it. and then we fell out in a big way.
we said some nasty nasty things.

i didn't see him for aaaaaaaages but i thought about him all the time, and now he's back and we're in the same friendship group and we get on really well; i think. but whenever i think about making a move on him, i remember the nasty things that got said and it makes me not want to. and we're a close group and i dont want everyone to witness my rejection...
i'm really relaxed with all his boys and i guess i kind of flirt with them, and he's the same with my girls. but with each other we're polite but quite formal and struggle for things to talk about, we're both always trying so hard to be nice it gets quite brittle.
i start doing my own head in all the time, because i really like him, i fancy him so much it feels like i love him or something, then i start thinking he's so much better looking than me and i'm really ugly and i get so shy.
i think i'm going to tell him i like him, or ask him for his number, or something. but i've thought that for months and for some reason i just can't get the words out. :eek2:
any thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    no...? oh :no:
  • Options
    It seems to me you still are kinda in love with him and he still is in love with you. Forget about what happened. As you said, if he's inexperienced he might have reacted a bit inadequatly and he might regret that he said that he'd regretted it :) Tell him you fancy. What could possibly happen? You certainly have to sort thing out between yourselves and maybe you're really meant to be together.
  • Options
    If you think of him you remember the nasty things he said, and that puts you off, theres you answer, get over him :)
  • Options
    i don't think of them when i think of him! just whenever we're getting along well and stuff i get a bit frightened y'ano... cos he really broke my heart!
  • Options
    i think im gonna tell him this weekend, i need to somehow get up the guts to do it and be cool about it!
    i think im leaving soon anyway with a new job, so it won't be too horrible if he turns me down i guess.
    i've never felt like this about a boy before and it scares me loads
  • Options
    So how will you feel if you tell him, he agrees with you, and then you go away, he might just love you for that (sic).
  • Options
    what do you mean?
    you reckon i should just keep my mouth shut then?
  • Options
    Sounds like you both like getting it on together, but you both are not ready to commit further. Maybe date for awhile and see where it goes?
  • Options
    what do you mean?
    you reckon i should just keep my mouth shut then?

Don't build it up hun - it's not the 'make or break' point of your life. You will go on with or without him!

It might work out and you'll be happy for while or might go bit pear shape and not work out - can you deal with that? it meant mean you two will be bit weird for while....

Sounds like it needs to be said though, so i'd say do it!!! BUT kinda prepare for worse outcome, just incase he doesn't feel same way.
    Also try pick moment where your both alone and he's friends aren't in backround acting like dicks and takin the piss - that'll be a surefire way to get he's backup. :)
  • Options
    i always see him when we're with both our friends, we're basically in the same social group and thats the only contact i have with him!
    you're right i have totally built it up. it's because we fell out and for ages i thought id never see him again and i just went over and over all the things that happened in my head and now he's back i find it really hard to stay chilled. i think thats why nothings happened with us, cos he's a pretty chilled out boy and i find it hard to make a pass at him in a relaxed way so i end up saying and doing nothing rather than coming on all serious.
    i just need to bite the bullet!
  • Options
    yeah thats what i wanna do! but i get so tongue tied and wierd, man...!
  • Options
    Yeah, just go for it. Don't be nervous. Maybe you'll find yourself in a situation when you're both alone during the day and that'll be the right time to have a talk with him.
  • Options
    doubt it, it's just houseparties and that really...
  • Options
    and i don't really wanna be doing all that
    'errrrrrrrrr can i talk to you in the other room for a minute'
    :eek2:
  • Options
    Yeah, I know what you mean by that. I'm not really into either.
    But you might ask him kinda jokingly when nobody's listening too much if he fancies a tea or sth (exhibition, play, whatever) and just stay relaxed. If you're not nervous he'll hardly say no.
  • Options
    yeah you're right, thats pretty sound advice, thanks mate :)
  • Options
    I'm glad if it was helpful :thumb:

Let us know the outcome. :yes: Stay calm and good luck :angel:
  • Options
    I think he only said he regreted having sex with you because you said you regreted it first.

If he is inexperianced he would not want someone who might be his first to go around shouting that she regreted having sex with him.

If I was you I would just tell him you are sorry for any nasty things that might have been said but you know what they say ...... If someone is realy nasty about you, the chances are they realy like you. etc.

Just throw him a bone and if he bites, well he is yours lol. :hyper:
  • Options
    ive already said sorry! i said sorry the first time i saw him again after he vanished for all those months
    i also tried to apologise to him during that time via his bestmate who i asked for his email/number, who told him and he said he didnt ever wanna speak to me again
    but when i saw him again i said 'i;m sorry i was such an idiot to you' and he said 'no, im sorry if i was rude, i knew what i was doing when i did it so im sorry' and i was like
    'no no! i was rude! im sorry!'
    haha...
  • Options
    i didnt mean that like 'ive already said sorry i dont need to say it again' more like
    i don't wanna over-stress the point especially if he's forgiven and forgotten :)
  • Options
    Conclusion

i put the conclusion in a nother thread actually